Business Development Associate -
• As a member of the Arabia Monitor-Qamar marketing team you will be responsible for
building diversified marketing strategies to increase sales levels and up-sell.
• Your marketing strategies will need to be measurable by key performance metrics and
you will be responsible for evaluating different channels for efficiency and effectiveness
and taking decisions with the team on how to proceed.
• Building on frameworks already in place, you will have to develop the marketing strategy
as the team and firm grow. You will have to be an energetic, organized and systematic
individual who can guide the implementation of the marketing strategy by different
members of the team.
Building and servicing client relations
• You will be working closely with different members of the team to develop the firm’s
network of potential clients. Your job will be to identify promising leads and establish
contact with them in person, by phone, or/and social media/online, to get them
subscribed to the firm’s services.
• You will develop rapport and network with current and prospective clients in the energy
industry, and seek out new potential clients.
• You will maintain CRM system records to reflect accurate client information and sales
activity, and produce sales management reports.
• In order to present and build brand awareness effectively, you will need to have a keen
interest in the product’s content and preferably a close understanding of the MENA
region and its energy sector.
• You will have to assimilate the firm’s house views by reading the publications, and
participating in internal and client calls, and discuss them convincingly with potential
Online and offline media communication
• You will need to be technologically adept, ideally with skills in Photoshop/Illustrator and
InDesign, to support the team in creating the print and online ads that promote the
• You should also have worked with website back-office content management systems,
as you will take the lead in ensuring the firm’s website is running with no glitches and
offers an engaging user experience.
• You will be collaborating with a young and dynamic team and will be expected to work
in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to deliver on targets and deadlines while
Desired Skills and Experience
• Possess relevant experience in marketing, including via social media, and sales of
• Proven track record in digital and web-based marketing.
• Have a fluent/native command of English (both written and oral). Arabic, French and
other regional languages are a plus.
• Demonstrate strong strategy, communication and interpersonal skills.
• A background in MENA and a degree in economics, economic history, or political
economy are preferable as this would facilitate understanding of the product.
• Preferably have knowledge of the energy industry.
• Be located in, or willing to be based in, London, Amman or Dubai, and able to travel to
other client locations as required.