The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing the key relationships with executives within these companies and will work closely with both our MICE team to construct an appropriate offer and and manage effective partner relationships.
This role will set the foundation for our growth establishing the strategic direction for the future sales team and putting in place the foundational systems and processes that will help us scale.
The role is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. You will be in constant contact with international partners and salesforce. Working with different time zones and occasional local and international traveling may be required.
Below is the list of the Business Development Manager most important responsibilities:
• develop a robust commercial strategy, sales plan and tactics to unlock the revenue potential with and for our target partners
• deliver revenue by building and maintaining relationships with senior level clients; consistently multi-tasking between new business acquisition and account management
• understand our business model, build and measure key KPIs
• craft partner and industry vertical specific pitch decks, that reflect a deep understanding of the business model, strategic impact and understanding of our services;
• work with Marketing and MICE teams in developing partner commercial aimed at maximizing ROI and balancing client and user base requirements.
• prepare and manage the sales budget, pipeline tracking & reporting, forecasts and attainment of revenue objectives;
• create an efficient sales and partner development function through the adoption of professional sales approaches and processes;
• monitor the client industry developments and competitive landscape, identify key trends, and developments and regularly update the Senior Management Team, bringing ideas on new business opportunities to the table.
This role is perfectly suited to an entrepreneurial and motivated Business Development professional who enjoys the challenge of creating a commercial roadmap and closing the initial deals to help an ambitious start-up to achieve something great. Tenacious describes your approach to execution and you can t imagine not rolling-up your sleeves to be in the details of the solution. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of KPIs and the ability to create comprehensive solutions within a limited budget of an early stage organization.
Experience and Skills
Below is the is the list of the successful Business Development Manager experience and skills:
• minimum BA/BSc degree, preferably Business Administration, Marketing, or similar, with a strong academic record
• Five plus years of experience in any of the following:
o business development, strategic sales (B2B or B2C) or account management in the MICE space
o strategy consulting with domain experience in MICE;
• a proven track record in acquiring new business and achieving targets, as well as the experience in managing a portfolio of accounts
• distinctive skills in analysis and problem solving and impeccable business judgment
• entrepreneurial drive, high motivation, and goal-orientation ability to deliver to tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure
• excellent sales, negotiation, communication, networking and writing skills, all reflecting high EQ
• experience in developing marketing materials is a PLUS
• experience in pitching to decision makers of large companies
• network of international contacts in the MICE sector
• budget management and forecasting experience
• excellent planning and organisational skills
• full understanding of CRM process and practical CRM software experience
• Excellent oral and verbal English; other languages (Arabic, French, German, Spanish, Russian) are a PLUS
• positive attitude, consultative approach and self-motivation are all essential
• team player, ability to line manage and be seen as a mentor to others, and
• strong computer and internet skills.