Responsible for influencing and implementing strategy as well as provides leadership to a regional group of professionals for multiple production offices within a medium to large division. This includes but is not limited to, operations resource management, regional operations strategy, proposal preparation, contract negotiations, project management and execution, establishing best practices, policies and procedures, and staff management and development.
• Develops overall strategy for line of business to ensure growth, establish Company presence in the industry, and maintain competitive edge in conjunction with anticipating trends and/or changes. Ensures line of business maintains technical knowledge to promote advancement in the industry.
• Responsible for strategic plan, alignment with division operating plan, and goals and commitments for assigned line of business. Identifies work based on assessment of the market and determines products to sell and methodology of execution to perform the work.
• Influences, manages, and/or establishes various budgets including Project Gross Margin (PGM), revenue, and overhead expenses. May have capital or corporate services budget responsibility.
• Facilitates project reviews to ensure quality of product, management of client expectations, and handle any related issues.
• Assists project management in negotiating, assessing, and mitigating risk for contracts for projects and subcontractors. Maintains strategic alliances where appropriate.
• Supports sales activities to capture new business and maintain existing clients.
• Directs proposals for strategy, content, and message.
• Implements administrative policies and procedures for line of business in alignment with division.
• Regularly meets with external entities including clients, contractors, suppliers/vendors, and partners to establish strategy and execution for projects, pursue new business, negotiate contracts, and review project status. Supports strategic alliances and growth.
• 15+ years progressive experience in management of relevant business line and related technology. Prior project management or project execution of high voltage substation experience, preferred.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervises project management or other technical specialists.
• Strong industry knowledge for Line of Business with focus on High voltage sub-station and Transmission lines
• Knowledge of contract terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms
• Strong knowledge of business line technology
• P&L experience with Good business acumen.
• Strong financial acumen, understanding of financials such as Project Gross Margin (PGM), revenue, overhead costs, and division/department income statements
• Thorough knowledge of budgeting process and systems
• Knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices
• Good knowledge of risk management and commercial issues
Bachelor s Degree in Business or technical discipline required, such as engineering. 10+ years progressive management experience in areas such as engineering, project management and/or operations management. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment on boarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Domestic and International Travel ,Keyboarding, Sitting Normal office environment