This position is responsible for collaborating with internal customers including Operations and Engineering, as well as the suppliers to ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing Contract pricing, delivery, quality and proper documentation needed for certification of equipment and services including the following:
Obtains quotations, prepares and issues purchase orders for materials, supplies, and equipment including special and unusual items. Reviews quotations for completeness and accuracy. Performs diversified duties requiring considerable judgment and decision making to analyze requirements and proposals.
• Identify new suppliers for evaluation and qualification, analyze quotations and negotiate PO terms and conditions.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel. Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Initiating & Driving Change Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation Drives step changes in how the company operates Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives Understands and supports the need for change Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process Provides direction and focus during the change process Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
• Result Focused Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers Very bottom-line oriented Steadfastly pushes self and others for results Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
• Team Work Blends people into teams when they are needed Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team Shares wins and successes Fosters open dialogue Lets people finish and be responsible for their work Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment Defines success in terms of the whole team Creates a feeling of belonging in the team Values the contributions of all team members Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
• Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services Acts with customer in mind Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A High School diploma is required; college degree is preferred.
• Should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
• Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities