– Increasing population, both native and expat
– Increase in the population of elderly people
– Rising lifestyle-related diseases
– Introduction of compulsory health insurance
– Increased reliance on imported medicines and medical equipment
– Growing regional medical tourism
The available healthcare facilities are not enough to match pace with the demands of the increasing population. As a result, the government has introduced various initiatives to encourage the private sector to participate in the healthcare sector of the country to meet the healthcare requirements of the population. This has led to an increase in theemployment opportunities in the sectoras well.
The Scope of Healthcare Jobs in Dubai
Depending on the educational qualification and work experience, job seekers can expect to work in the following job roles in Dubai hospitals:
1. Doctors –Dubai has a large number of public and private hospitals operating and has a huge demand for qualified doctors specialized in various fields such as dermatology, ophthalmology, pediatrics, psychiatry, radiology, etc.
2. Nurses –No hospital can run efficiently without qualified nurses. Given the growing demand for healthcare facilities and increasing number of hospitals in Dubai, the employment opportunities for nurses is also witnessing a growing trend.
3. Administrative Roles –In addition to Doctors and Nurses, medical facilities such as hospitals, clinics, and research facilities also require Hospital Administrators, Lab Technicians, Medical Managers, Human Resource Managers, Information Managers, etc., for operating smoothly and efficiently.
Apart from the above-mentioned roles, the scope of the healthcare sector is not limited to just hospital jobs in Dubai. It has further expanded to include various new aspects such as medical insurance, manufacturing medicines, supplying medical equipment, etc.
Requirements for working in the Healthcare Sector of Dubai
The documentation requirements may vary depending on a person’s job profile and experience. However, to be eligible to work in a medical job in Dubai, the basic things you will need are:
– relevant educational qualifications recognized by DHA
– official educational transcripts
– a valid professional license from an authorized issuing body
All the documents are verified by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), the specialized health authority responsible for overseeing the Dubai’s healthcare sector. After submitting the required documents and providing the necessary information to the DHA, the healthcare professionals are required to pass the assessment test held by the authority to obtain the professional license to work in Dubai.
|Language – Arabic|
|Population – 4 million (as on May 2016)|
|Currency – Arab Emirate Dirham (AED)|
|Climate – Tropical desert climate|
|Major Religion – Islam|
For Latest Heathcare Jobs, click here: https://www.naukrigulf.com/healthcare-jobs
For Latest Job Openings in Dubai, click here:https://www.naukrigulf.com/jobs-in-dubai
Image Source: Pixabay