CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saad , is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 449 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2016, they carried 15.6 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saad , CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 600 agencies network, the Group employs 29,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Reporting to the Cargo Flow Supervisor of the Regional office, you manage the designated the Cargo Flow activity of CMA CGM Services in the region. Activity extends to optimization full containers and thereafter maximize the ships with Empty evacuation.
Special focus to be given to RFR, VIP, Global Accounts and Exports / Imports from and to the region as well as Line s priority cargoes.
Consolidate, analyze and adjust container flow of laden containers with reactivity, to optimize Vessels filling factor according to line(s) interests
You manage the cargo flow activity for the entrusted scope of RO. Ensuring that, within your scope of responsibilities, all processes as per group standard are respected including (but not limited) to regional control, space management, reporting, routing control etc.
Cargo Flow Tasks
• Allocation notification and control with POO / POLs, Cargo flow is allocating the POL allocation and bookings prior vessel calling date. Deadline differs per service.
• Routing, ensure that routing instructed are followed by agencies.
• COD/OOG follow up as detailed on the procedure in the annexure.
• Booking report, projections and analysis that will give the filling factor tendency to Line Management, commercial team and Operation Managers.
• Prvide Forecasts/projection over 3-4 weeks mentioning Reporting/compiling bookings forecasts/elements sent by agent to HO and Agency. Frequency, twice a week as per defined by Line.
• Discussing and mnitoring current booking performance, raising concerns to agencies where either under or over performing.
• If any change t allocation, service rotation etc should be done in the interest of the line, RO Cargo Flow will provide an action plan to HO for approval additional. Cargo flow to provide projected loading to planner to run provisional stowage.
• CGF t highlight heavy roll, COV, re-nom etc to Line / OPS for cost interests.
• Container Tracking of Special condition follow up.
• Short leg monitoring and TS management follow up.
• Partner entry point concerning bookings and allocations control.
• Coordinate with Group brands, Other Group cargoflow team & Regional offices.
• Coordination of TS lists on customer selection done by commercial team.
• Coordinate space & review empty evacuation plan with HO & RO-LOG / OPS to reduce stock.
• Weekly Hub stock management and prepare / review idle reports.
• Dwell time performance.
• Contingencies and optimum action plans
• Monitor & follow-up on extra cost avoidance though efficiencies.
• Weekly, Monthly & annually reports to Regional Management and & HO
Cargo flow = pivot role between Commercial & Operations
Cargo flow coordination with Trade Management and OPS teams
The cargo flow department needs to ensure that communication between Trade Management and OPS is eased for the best interest of the company s objective
Cargo Flow acts as a the coordinator ensuring that commercial interests (VIP treatments, best average ETA etc ) are respected within the operational feasibility of each service
You have a postgraduate degree or Diploma (+5 years) in Business
Management or Logistics as well as over 3 years of professional commercial experience in maritime activities
Experience on Transshipment Management or Cargo Flow.
Good knowledge of Line related applications and adaptability to new tools is essential
Familiar with Microsoft tool.
You have a strong drive, full autonomy, leadership and negotiation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Fluent in English
Knowledge on CMA CGM Group internal tools will be an added advantage.
Please ensure you are familiar with the CMA CGM Corporate guidelines