HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmers and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
Global Markets Operations - MENA has the following Product Support teams – GFX, Fixed Income & Rates, Equities & Collateral and Cross Product Services. Cash Management is a core function within the wider Cross Products Services that retains responsibility for ensuring the banks Nostro accounts are funded efficiently within strict guidelines.
The role requires a Cash Management Analyst to monitor all Nostro funding management and Liquidity and Payment Floe Management and provide support across all Cash Management related functions.
The responsibilities of this role includes the management of day to day BAU ensuring UAE & Regional Sites are provided accurate balance projections with zero errors and lead the team towards the global objectives of Cash Management.
Ensure Operational risk is reduced & high standard of customer’s service is maintained.
Set the tone and performance expectation to ensure compliance with all internal & external control requirements.
Support and ensure that she/he plays into MENA Operations team deliverable against the control and growth agenda for the CM and BSM Businesses.
When change exists ensuring that one’s self is active on delivering and shaping new initiatives, the change book includes, but is not restricted to;
- Regulatory change
- A Material New Business change book as HSBC launches new products into the region, offering MENA products to both the international GBM client base and increases cross selling to RBWM and CMB clients in the region
- Control initiatives including the rollout of CCO in partnership with the CCO function.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Correctly monitor daily positions of in excess of 200 Nostro accounts, covering over 90 currencies across 4 countries ( Oman/Qatar/U.A.E/Egypt ) plus control oversight of an additional 2 locations ( Kuwait and Bahrain)
• Initiate and then implement high-impact quality projects leading to operational efficiency and higher productivity (Within Six Sigma, Lean process improvement methodology)
• Continuous review of processes with the objective of improving the service delivery time frames and identify areas of improvement
• Ensure Nostro ledger balances are agreed to projected daily positions, and all discrepancies investigated.
• Reconcile previous day's closing balance against expected projection, investigate reconciliation exceptions and adjust funding requirement as necessary
• Collate cash flows for required funding value date, calculate final currency funding projections, and inform balance sheet Management desk of funding requirements
• Manage Nostro transfer preparation and approval between Main Nostro and different custodians to facilitate funding needs
• Execute Nostro transfers to fund sub nostros to the applicable target balance
• Validate cash projection to validate balance sheet Management desk have booked the funding trade(s) correctly and position is now square/target
• Provide support on request for Service Recipient on funding queries
• Manage ODI charges applied to Nostro accounts internally attributing interest charges to asset classes and business functions
• Assess the daily liquidity need by currency and account and forecast the range of potential funding shortfalls
• Determine and execute remediation steps required to avoid liquidity stress, and handle stress scenarios
• Provide reporting on liquidity positions in accordance with specifications and provide alerting for material Nostro accounts
Consider global implications of all activity & ensure there is control oversight/sharing of best practice across all 7 regional locations.
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.