Provide quality Customer Service by effectively communicating with Customers by greet them, giving them fast serving with complete sales transactions accurately, answer their queries, and provide assistance and supporting activities to the customers.
• Ensures a safe and clean environment by maintaining safety standards, performing maintenance and cleaning as required by Front-end operations, including eliminating obstacles in the register lanes
• Operates all cash register equipment, to quickly and accurately process customer transactions while following company procedures.
• Ensure Price stickers for purchased items are as per the approved price list appearing on the screen.
• Operate a cash register by scanning items using barcodes across cash scanner
• Calculate the correct cash amount due for the customer purchased items
• Maintain appropriate cash levels in POS drawers and ensure that register area is stocked with appropriate supplies such as shopping bag, cash rolls , Etisalat rolls, Du Cards, Charity Coupons etc.
• Collect the required change for daily transaction from Assistant Treasurer
• Communicate and respond effectively to customers and answer queries, locate merchandise and provide requested assistance and greets each customer.
• Process the checkouts for all customers in a pleasing and efficient manner to minimize customer waiting time in the queue
• Ensure visibility of prices to customer through the monitor screen
• Advice customer concerning Union Coop Special offers and promotions when required
• Help customer, in case of counter helper absence, in suitable separation of his purchased items into shopping bags
• For currency payment other than UAE Dhs, convert using the updated conversion rate supplied by Assistant Treasurer
• Collect and secure the balance money received (after noting the Z Value) in bags to be kept in locker and take responsibility for all shortages/excess.
• Estimate the required change for daily transaction and inform this to Assistant Treasurer
• Apply efficient customer checkout as per the union coop strategies for minimum waiting time and minimum queue
• Generate Daily report and handover to Customer Service Coordinator
• Generate daily sale report and handover the cash and credit sale from the credit card to customer Service Coordinator
• Report to Supervisor regarding unavailable required items and other remarks about goods and prices received from customers
• Coordinate with Security Guard in preserving items left behind by customers
• Coordinate with helpers/ merchandisers to return items which brought to cash and not purchased, to the prospective shelf
• Maintain the POS clean and arranged and use the hygiene equipment to remove any bad smell
• Basic knowledge in Accounting
• Basic knowledge in Material Handling
• Team work, presenting, Customer Service, keyboard typing, time, in addition working under pressure, and dealing with different races and nationalities
• English and Arabic Language knowledge (reading, writing, and conversation)