Souq.com an Amazon Company is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Category Lead will be responsible for every aspect of retailing the products categories until those products are purchased as well as be responsible to design, develop/facilitate our import business in Egypt for all categories.
The main responsibilities are vendor management inclusive of supporting pricing strategies, website marketing, and inventory control at retail inclusive of all planning and DI levels to achieve both short and long-term goals.
The CL will also be responsible for hiring and building a high-performance team of experienced team members and growing selection, volumes and margins. He/She will develop a collaboration with other retail category teams in Egypt and the various functions in Egypt and ME, deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity and foster an environment that generates breakthrough ideas and lead a collaborative and open organization that lives the values of Amazon.
The CL will lead a project team across commercial, compliance, operation & technical teams to define and scope the necessary tools and workflows to be developed. You will closely work with retail teams in various locations as well as with other departments across the globe. He/she will directly work with Egyptian authorities to ensure a compliant business operation.
The position requires a leader who can work autonomously in a fast paced, highly demanding and ambiguous environment. The successful candidate would possess great business judgment, with a track record of strong project delivery, commercial negotiations and relationship management along with deep analytical acumen. Additionally, this position involves working with multiple stakeholders (marketing, marketplace, legal, supply chain, operations among others). The CL need to have strong management capabilities and ownership with great bias for action in getting things done themselves. He/She should be an experienced team player who is motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
1. Deliver selection, profitability, and sales targets by leading the business segment on the needs of the customer and identifying suitable opportunities for the category.
2. Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition and writing business proposals by identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
3. Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders of partnered vendors to grow and optimize the joint retail and import businesses.
4. Work with vendors, CIM and Amazon operations to ensure a reliable, operational a cost effective flow of goods, from ordering to receive.
5. Drive integration between new vendors and Amazon supply chain, product compliance and merchandising processes.
6. Spearhead digital marketing strategy, including paid search and ad programs, channel ad campaign strategy, search engine optimization, email marketing, marketing automation, and more.
7. Work with marketing managers and content managers to implement marketing actions and site merchandising on Amazon.
8. Develop and improve vendor relations and import sourcing for branded and exclusive Amazon products in to give our customers access to selection that was not previously available.
9. Contribute to the development of best practices and contract standards.
10. Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as vendor import share, out of stock rate, vendor operational metrics, and marketing investments.
11. Drive a substantial profit contribution to our growing business in Egypt.
12. Work with internal teams to understand the systems and variables that affect purchasing and vendor management decisions, and drive joint negotiations at an annual span Egypt level.
13. Lead projects and regular business improvement initiatives as may be decided from time to time.