At AMS we are continuously looking for team players with can-do attitudes. Are you motivated by being part of a team that is helping with the regeneration of nations? We have the right opportunity for you!
The Category Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for supplier sourcing, relationship management and product knowledge within one or more assigned category groupings. The Manager will support identify, develop, and maintain relationships with suppliers using best practices that meet established services and performance standards. In addition, the post holder will be held accountable for supplier agreements and developing contingency plans to ensure critical supply needs are met. Responsible for proposals in intermediate spend/complexity categories
If you are our ideal candidate you may come with a proven track record of:
• A Bachelor s degree or Diploma in Automobile Engineering or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial
• Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
• Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements
• Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities
Responsibilities will include but will not necessarily be limited to:
• Support the development of an overall sourcing strategy for assigned products/services focused on leveraging volume, knowledge and capability to achieve cost reduction, supplier consolidation, lead-time reduction, and supplier quality improvement.
• Utilize extensive and detailed knowledge of best practices and principles, consult with and advise management on developing and implementing effective solutions ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
• Research and monitor trends and best practices, recommend new approaches to programs that are effective and also consistent with objectives.
• Assist with the selection, development, and management of strategic suppliers to meet product costs and performance goals. Partner with suppliers to build capabilities to meet expanding needs of the business.
• Apply tools, techniques and processes to manage supplier relationships. Collaboratively develop and use supplier scorecards to identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action.
• Solicit material quotations and lead negotiation on agreements, contracts, and blanket orders with strategic suppliers to achieve quality, price, and service objectives. Plan and execute a successful negotiation strategy.
• Perform cost/price analysis utilizing a cost model of key strategic sources.
• Respond to questions from vendors and internal business units related to the request for information and/or proposal, and requisition process.
• Maintain current knowledge of market conditions that affect overall cost, lead time, and availability of products. Manage increases and decreases effectively implement and renegotiate 3rd party supplier agreements where necessary.