The Catering Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Catering Managers and Director while being familiar with all aspects of the catering planning process.
1. Receive and respond to incoming telephone calls in accordance with Four Seasons standards and assist with overflow calls for Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, and Executive Office.
2. Prepare accurate written correspondence including letters, contracts, reports, banquet event orders, schedule of events, printed menus, and e-mails using MS Word, Delphi, Golden sales & catering Reports, and Lotus Notes.
3. Maintain Delphi accounts, including traces, creating and updating bookings, manipulating events in the function diary and the preparation of Banquet Event Orders.
4. Facilitate all aspects of internal Four Seasons Resort Meeting Program under the guidance of the Catering Sales Manager.
5. Complete distribution of Catering correspondence to the resort operating departments as required. Examples: Amenity Cards, Resumes and Banquet Events Orders.
6. Maintain the various Catering file systems, both electronic and paper, including Account Files, Program Evaluation Database, Master binders for Banquet Event Orders and Resumes.
7. Operate a variety of electronic and manual office resources, including but not limited to laser printers, multi-function copy machines, fax machines, paging system, a bindery machine.
8. Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and Planning Committee.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
1. College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.
2. Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
3. One to two years previous department head experience in catering sales and/or banquet captain experience.
4. Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; ie. Word, Excel, Power point
Join our Team:
• Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service.
• Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests.
• Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine's 100 best companies to work for since 1998.
• Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential.
• Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
• Be recognized for excellence.