The Chairman, Medicine Leads the department in accordance with the Hospital's vision, mission, goals, and objectives. Responsible for the overall administrative activities of the department in addition to the clinical duties as a Consultant
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
• USA: The American Board Of Medicine
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Medicine (FRCPS-C)
• UK and Ireland: CCST/CCT Certification in Pathology
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP) or New Zealand College (FRACP Patahology)
• Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Clean medical license from USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand
Research experience and publication with a number of publications not less than 10 original paper
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Solid Experience in Oncology area
• Minimum 10 years of clinical experience out of which, 5 years in admin capacity (chairperson, deputy chairperson, section head, head of medical service or similar position)
• Academic and teaching background with an academic appointment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides general supervision over professional care in the Department of Medicine.
• Ensures the quality of medical diagnosis and care provided to outpatients of the department.
• Directs the Organization of the staff so as to give optimum care to all patients accepted to the department in accordance with policies and procedures of KFSH&RC.
• Provides required patient care and management in the area of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in accordance with policies and procedures of KFSH&RC.
• Assumes responsibility for the patient under his care. Liaises with various service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC
• Complies with all Hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission, processes, consultation, daily patient care, outpatient practices, and patient discharge as applicable.
• Assess patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures. Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows-up on investigation results for outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly as applicable.
• Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures treatment areas and share on-call schedule as per requirements.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to specialty, as assigned.
• Promotes Postgraduate Training Programs, Continuing Medical Education Activities, and other required educational and training courses and ensures evaluation and reporting of such activities.
• Leads and promotes educational activities for Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, Junior Staff and other members of the department.
• Introduces and implements new advances and techniques for complex procedures in the area of specialization.
• Hosts National and International Medical Conferences in KFSH&RC and participates in similar conferences abroad as assigned.
• Leads and promotes clinical basic and transnational research and publication of papers in accordance with Research and Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge.
• contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC
• Administrative Responsibilities
• Develops the department's Strategic Plan, Goals and Objectives in conformance with the overall strategic plan of
• Medical & Clinical Affairs. Provides quarterly reports on the progress made by the department on the Goals and Objectives.
• Ensures that the department and its staff performed in accordance with agreed Performance Objective Reports the
• Performance results to the Executive Director, MCA on a periodic basis. Undertakes and leads the conduct of any corrective action that may be required to improve the performance results of the department and its staff.
• Ensures that patient care and clinical services rendered by the department are in accordance with the appropriate
• quality standards. Promotes the implementation of Quality Improvement Programs in the Department.
• Leads the initiative in maximizing the utilization of all resources efficiently within the department and coordinates the same across the Hospital.
• Ensures that patient care is provided in conformance with the Patients' Bill of Rights by the department and its staff.
• Obtains feedback from customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required. Uses the feedback to improve the quality of patient care.
• Acts as a leader and a role model and promotes a culture of excellence.
• Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted staff coverage in the Department. Manages the work distribution and leave schedules of the staff and resolves related issues to ensure efficient workflow.
• Ensures resources are available to respond to routine, request or emergency service providers and to expand outputs, service and facilities as needed.
• Recommends appointments of Deputy Chairman, Section Heads and other senior staff members of the Department.