To carryout design assurance activities including the review of the construction drawings, design calculations , material submittals , Request for information forms and any other document related to the detail design & make sure it is comply with the concept definition document & standards .
To ensure that all FM activities under his control are undertaken in accordance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and quality system procedures.
Support the Head of Engineering & the Engineering Manager in making Electrical Engineering decisions required to ensure project progress without compromising cost, quality or specification within the contractual guidelines.
To carryout design assurance activities, related to Electrical Engineering , including the review of the construction drawings, design calculations , material submittals , Request for information forms and any other document related to the detail design & make sure it comply with the concept definition document & standards .
Carry out monitoring and surveillance of Construction Contractor's detail design in respect of his engineering discipline to determine compliance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and the approved construction drawings.
Review the Construction Contractor's site generated data in respect of his engineering discipline. Monitor and review Construction Contractor's proposals and activities in respect of the programming and resourcing of his engineering discipline.
Monitor and review construction drawings, calculations and shop drawings in respect of his engineering discipline and review their incorporation into as-built records.
Ensure that all Risks and Opportunities associated with the activities under his control are identified, communicated to the HoE, and that the necessary risk mitigation and opportunity realization actions are identified and implemented.
In liaison with the HoE and Engineering Manager, monitor on a regular basis the actual progress of the detail design against programmed start/finish dates within his engineering discipline.
Prepare monitoring and surveillance reports and liaise with the PM in respect of the report findings. Prepare, when directed by the PM, Technical Queries for submission to the Construction Contractor or customer as appropriate.
Liaise with the HoE and Engineering Manager on the preparation of Observation Notes and Non-Conformance Reports on the Construction Contractor's subsequent proposals.
Liaise and coordinate activities with each of the other discipline engineers as necessary. Liaise with, and report to, the HoE and Engineering Manager as necessary in respect of the above items.
• Chartered Engineer with Electrical Engineer Degree and Registered in the SCE with significant Electrical Engineering experience (minimum 5 years).
• Expert networking and communication skills used at a senior level with governments, customers, suppliers, partners and sub-contractors
• Understanding of engineering, design and quality standards (NFPA, BS, CIBSE, ASHRAE & ATEX .. etc). Ability to apply technical knowledge and expertise efficiently to resolving problems without the need to rely on others.
• Must have and be able to demonstrate sound oral and written two-way communication skills with the ability to be tactful, discreet and confident in dealing with people at all levels
• Communication is key to success of any project so constant feedback and reporting of progress and issues will be required. This will be to any member of the project team as required by the nature of the task.
• Must be computer literate with a sound understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Be able to work in close harmony in a mixed EE / SN workforce
• Preferred understanding of the CLIENT Operation and working practice