BASIC PURPOSE :
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for outlet food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen s cold food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met;long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
• Assist in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimizing waste.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
• Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
• Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
• Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments; interact directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Prepare food items.
• Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
• Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
• Experience: Two to three years previous experience in culinary/food & beverage line.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures.
Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.