Maintains property appearance, equipment and systems, including physical plant and fixtures in accordance with corporate mission statement, to ensure maximum profitability and operational efficiency.
· Key Activities
· Assesses and reviews the job performance of subordinates and maintains personnel records of assigned employees.
· Oversees training and development of Engineering Department personnel.
· Directs and coordinates the activities of all assigned personnel and departmental responsibilities.
· Maintains electrical licenses and knowledge of all voltage systems, wiring, and motors throughout the property.
· Ensures aggressive "guest first" attitude among team members and provides friendly guest contact experiences.
· Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the hotel, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
· Ensures proper installation, repair, and maintenance of all equipment and plumbing.
· Ensures maintenance and repairing of all finished surfaces in the hotel.
· Oversees installation and maintenance of air conditioning units, systems, and chillier operations.
· Reviews all outside contract services for departmental responsibilities with the hotel's Assistant General Manager.
· Maintains secure storage, control of and cutting of all duplicate keys for the hotel.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
5 - 7 year work experience at a luxurious hotel
Technical Expertise/Knowledge Required
· Knowledgeable in use of General Maintenance
· Knowledgeable in use of Electrical utilities
· Knowledgeable in use of Mechanical machines