• Direct and oversee all financial and accounting aspects of the Association to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting practice, and with all federal, state and local laws as well as regulatory and legal compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Ensure that effective internal controls and financial procedures are in place to govern the Association; implement internal audit program to address organization's funding complexities, growth in federal funding and audit findings.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reporting for management, and the organization s board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
• Responsibility for day to day planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting, finance, forecasting, budgeting and payroll.
• Working knowledge of all statutory, regulatory, or other financial requirements of multi-funded grants to ensure that general accepted principles of accounting are applied and meet the funding agencies policy standards and grant conditions are met.
The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities, and must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal communication skills.
A Master s of Business Administration or related field and/or CPA designation is required. The ideal candidate will possess 10 years of progressive responsibility in a senior management role. Non-profit experience is a plus.