We are assisting one of our international client hire for a Chief Risk Officer.
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Department: Risk Management
Reports to: Chairman
Education Level :
Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or similar qualification from a reputed university/college.
Preferably Post Graduate / Masters Degree from a reputed university/college.
Basel and Credit Analytics Certified
25+ years experience in Risk Management, Banking & Finance Industry.
A seasoned Banker with ability to think and act at a strategic level.
• Strategic & Tactical Thinker
• Understanding of financial and strategic planning
• Understanding of the markets.
• Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements.
• Should have the ability to comprehend business issues;
• Should have knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes specifically mandated by CBO
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Seniority / Organizational Impact
• Work closely with the CEO, CFO, Audit, LOBs and Risk Committee, other executive and non-executive committee members and the Enterprise Risk Management Group divisions
• Instill a consistent level of risk awareness throughout.
• Diversify various risk strategies
• Develop a Center of excellence for managing risk.
• Assure compliance with all regulatory requirements, directives and mandates.
• Manage a healthy working relationship with CBO, Regulator.
2) Commercial Acumen
• Manage & Review Risk with discretionary control over budgets allocated to make the frameworks operative up to a Risk Appetite Framework & Policy threshold approved by the BRCC and the Board.
3) Technical Functional Expertise
• A Subject Matter Expert in the areas of Risk.
• Responsible for assisting the bank in developing and maintaining a comprehensive and sustainable process for identifying, prioritizing, monitoring, controlling & reporting key business risks that might impact the achievement of the Organizations objectives.
• Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
• Implement or enhance a consistent risk management framework.
• Represent the Bank either directly or through his direct reports in international risk seminars and workshops as and when applicable.
• Ensure that the Governance, Risk, Compliance and Control Frameworks of the organization are operating effectively.
• Make Training available for the risk team to enhance their capabilities and develop highly skilled risk professionals.
• Partner effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate.
• Participate in local and global discussions to formulate new or enhance existing security processes, policies and standards as and when applicable.
Areas of Competency
• Lead the Risk management program for the bank.
• Provide essential input as a member of the senior management and credibly challenge the management of current issues/risks and the development & implementation of strategies.
• Review performance of the risk management division and associated Departments.
• Monitor the timely completion of appraisal process.
• Coaches and trains or makes training available to staff to enhance their capabilities and ensure the bank has a continuous supply of qualified credit risk people who can provide the required service.
• Sources, interviews, and attracts qualified credit risk personnel to enhance the organizational resources.
2) Analytical Thinking
• Ability to think analytically & strategically and appreciate the systemic impact of policies, issues and solutions on Enterprise Risk Management.
• Work with the Risk Management Departments to disaggregate business plans and transactions into component risks the company is taking on and recommend how to improve proposed plans and transactions by mitigating the risks.
3) Communication Style
• Possess the people skills needed to coordinate the risk management activities across the entire organization.
• Serve as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
• Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
4) Vision & Strategy
• Set the strategic risk management vision and be a strategic thinker.
• Execute risk strategy of the entire risk management with focus on risk vs. reward.
• Free access to the board for reporting as per BRCC Charter role/responsibilities.