Performs Engineering functions related to oil and gas well services. This position may have supervisory or managing authority.
Well Control dedicated to Production Operations in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Review and update the Emergency Response procedures.
- Support during special or specific operations.
- Operational Support during critical phases.
- Provide support in well control and HSE activities.
- On-site Coaching and training.
- Conduct competency assessment and training needs analysis.
- Perform Audits and Post Audits as required by the CLIENT (Drilling, Workover, Snubbing, Coiled Tubing, Wire Line, E-Line, Slick Line and pumping)
- Have coordinate operational interventions such as Hot Tap Machine, Valve Drilling, Cryogenic Freezing, and Mechanical cutting in collaboration with the wellhead inspection and maintenance specialist.
- Lead a team of engineers/specialists and track progress on their various projects and roles.
- Applies Company processes and procedures across the project.
- Performs continual project reviews, with client, Company Leadership and Internal project staff.
- Participates in PEER reviews, After Action Reviews and any investigations as required.
- Displays and encourages company ethics.
- Take an active and effective stance in representing the company.
The Well Control Engineer-Production shall in addition, act as a "First Responder" upon the occurrence of a critical or hazardous situation.
This position requires an Engineering degree with extensive 12 years min of experience in well control coupled with Drilling, Completions and Production. This would be a senior type role working with the Production group providing participants with the tools, knowledge and field experience to be proficient in the operational and engineering aspects of Well Control, Well Integrity, Incident Response and Risk Management. This position requires a broad understanding and knowledge base to provide support for all well control operations, critical response, procedures and daily activities. In addition, this position will serve as a First Responder in a WC event.
- Good knowledge of Production operations, Well Integrity, Risk Assessment, Well Control Engineering, Well Intervention Services, Well Construction, Rig equipment and technical solutions.
- Experience delivering effective outcomes in Well Control Services contracts.
- Ability to manage projects containing WC Engineering and Operations services.
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing and planning skills.
- Ability to manage, develop, coach and mentor teams.
- Experience in contract management, both with clients, and subcontracted parties
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix organization.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer