The Civil Inspector is assigned to inspect reinforced concrete structures, and related works, to record that the Construction Contractor undertakes the work in general compliance with the Dubai Municipality approved drawings and specification.
The Civil Inspector shall directly report to the Lead Site Engineer.
The construction works will require a comprehensive knowledge of reinforcement fixing methods, concrete placement methods, curing and reinforced concrete quality control criteria to complete the role.
The construction works will involve working from height, within confined spaces, in an outdoor environment. Site specific safety training and PPE will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend to inspection requests, and ensure that all construction works are performed in strict compliance with the approved plans and specifications.
• Prepare Comment Response Sheet (CRS) of inspected structures noting non-compliance with the plans and specifications. A CRS shall include a typed inspection report (Word document) and annotated construction drawings (pdf), to record observations from activities such as:
• Checking compliance of concrete temperature, slump and mix
• Checking bar quantities, shape, cover and installation are correct
• Checking cast-in items are included
• Process and maintain records of Inspection Requests and close out of CRS
• Prepare and maintain daily report of work activities, issues, site status, hours of operation, weather, labor and equipment used.
• Witness and record material sampling and testing
• Coordinate with the Construction Contractor Site Surveyors to check line and level for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report site safety hazards and matters to the Project Lead Engineer.
• Uphold appropriate ethics and professionalism in dealing with the Contractor and its subcontractors.