Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Parsons engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Civil Inspector is assigned to various phases of the road work and related works with an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project. He will be the eyes and ears of the ARE and the RE to ensure compliance with the drawings and specification of the works. He shall be familiar with the plans, specifications, and construction methods for the phases of the work to which he has been assigned.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by the ARE.
• Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Coordinate with the contractor s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the other disciplines inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the ARE or to the RE.
• Report to the ARE or RE any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
• Process the Inspection Requests and maintain records of their status.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Assistant Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
• Act in a professional way but firm in dealings with the Contractor.
• Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of road/infrastructure construction supervision on major road and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• He must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
• Experience working on ADM (Abu Dhabi Municipality) project is preferred.
• ADM approval as Civil Inspector is desired.