Responsible for maintenance and repair of runway & taxiway markings, pavement surfaces, joint repairs, clearing fence lines.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintaining records of any work and inspections done on-premises.
• Keeping repair tools and supplies clean and organized.
• Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine
• Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill. Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
• Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel. Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete.
• Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools. Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
• Perform airfield pavement maintenance, including asphalt and concrete removal and repair; perform airfield painting, crack, joint sealing, airfield marking, and rubber removal.
• Performs minor fence and gate repairs and welding.
• Perform compacting, mowing, erosion control, weed abatement, and herbicide application.
• Responding to and completing tenant or supervisor maintenance requests.