Your Role and Responsibilities
For over 100 years IBM has set the pace for innovation and we aren t stopping now. With over 430,000 employees in almost 200 countries we re always on the lookout for new people to join in our mission to build a smarter planet.
IBM s Global Markets unit leads in the creation, development and distribution of the industry s most advanced information technologies. At Global Markets, we offer solutions to a global network of consumers across a diverse range of markets ranging from Mining, Industrial, financial services, telecommunications and media to government and public agencies.
The Client Technical Leader is a technical leadership position. CTL should own and drive the technical strategy and need to establish relationships with CIO/CTO for assigned clients. Within IBM, CTL needs to bring together the IBM technical community aligned to set of clients as the technical community leader.
Key responsibilities of a CTL:
• Provide proactive technical counsel to key IT executives on technical strategy, direction and projects
• Improve and broaden client s access to IBM s global technical and innovation expertise
• Increase the value that clients derive from application of new and existing technologies and accelerate innovation
• Understand client's legacy environments and have demonstrated the skill of transforming legacy into a new, target environment
• Work with client Line of Business executives and their teams to identify client s business and IT needs and design high level solutions to fit business problems
• Responsible for a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification.
• CTL should understand the technology trends and how they can help assigned clients and leverage IBM research and development groups to bring innovation to assigned clients.
• Leads negotiations with engagement partners and team members (vendors, subcontractors, customers, IBMers) to define project goals and strategies for attaining them.
• Anticipates potential problems associated with the solution being developed. Develops & leads execution of the technical risk management plan for the solution to be implemented.
• Assesses business and technical impact of solutions. Leads the implementation of solution or provides expert guidance to the solution implementation team.
• Participates in exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of business partners; leads selection of methodologies, tools and components of total architectural solutions; exhibits strategic vision of functional or unit mission and applies vision in engagements; influences people & organizations, including client and IBM executive management, on issues related to the development of architectural solutions.
• Lead and manage responding to Tenders, Request of Information etc
• Work closely with Sales team on current, short term and long-term opportunities