As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. Spread over 69 acres of land, the resort features 190 stylish guest rooms and suites with expansive balconies offering uninterrupted views across the ocean.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling Bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel Beach Restaurant, you ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences. Your responsibilities are :
• Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and use up-selling skills
• to increase revenues
• Prepare beverages requested by guests using established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant(s) for bar/lounge guests if applicable
• Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.)
• Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of guests; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable
• Check bar and seating areas for cleanliness and attractiveness ensuring all standards are aligned to company and local legislative standards. Inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation. Sweep and mop bar floor after shift. Wipe down counters, equipment, stools, chairs, tables, and other areas as required.
• Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
• Requisition all necessary supplies in line with hotel procedures and manage liquor inventory
• Ensure that all liquor is properly secured before, during, and at close of shift
• Obtain, count and secure bartender s bank; receive cash and credit payments from customers; give accurate change and balance cash drawer at end of shift in line with hotel procedures
What we need from you
• Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
• Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments.
• Formal bartending training preferred.
• Being passionate about people and service
• Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor
• Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc.)
• Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
We ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits including housing, transportation, recreation
facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, and many more!
Join us and you ll become part of the global IHG family and like all families, all our individual team members
share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together we trust and support each other, we
do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the
little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve visit
www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.