Job Title: CLUB (& Activities & Sports) Manager
About You: We seek a Club (& Activities & Sports) Manager with exceptional leadership qualities, strong commercial and management skills for an innovative fitness club that combines group exercise classes, personal training, and fitness for members, as well as after-school activities for students / children. As a Club Manager (CM) your goal will be to exceed the club s monthly revenue/joiners target, manage the club (gym and after-school activities) and deliver an exceptional experience to our members.
The club (i.e., gym and facility) is located within a leading school in Jumeirah Village Triangle (JVT) which has a large target market of a neighbouring residential community and school community of parents and children / students.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Produce a monthly sales plan/strategy for the club including outreach and promotional events.
• Lead outreach, lead generation and promotional events in the neighbourhood and school.
• Lead the business with the aim of delighting members and parents.
• Engage, employ and mange third party activity providers who provide activities (i.e. music, gymnastics, martial arts, etc.) for children
• Maintain a non-intimidating, clean and super-friendly club, gym and school facility.
• Manage all operations including staff, sales, cash management, facilities management, group exercise classes, personal trainers, and 3rd party activity providers.
• Provide exceptional customer service by assisting members, parents and children with their suggestions and concerns.
• Quality assure the programs offered to ensure customer satisfaction
• Act as "The Ambassador" by greeting members, parents and children / students, cultivating relationships, and developing an engaging and welcoming environment.
• Recruit, manage and develop a very lean team maintaining high standards in customer service.
• Recruit freelance Personal Trainers and ensure the delivery of the fitness product.
• Develop and implement a proactive retention strategy.
• Develop staffing ROTAs (monthly in advance).
• Educate staff on company policies and procedures.
The candidate must have:
• strong business acumen, leadership qualities, operations and management skills.
• Should have sound knowledge and experience of operating a fitness club.
• Leadership and management experience in a customer service environment underpinned with a background in Fitness.
• an ability to lead and develop a high performing team in a dynamic and exciting way.
• strong communication skills. With an ability to speak in public, delivering fitness messages to parents and students.
• IT Literate.
• Should know MindBodyOnline.com, fitness club management software.
• Fitness Trained NVQ Level 3 would be an advantage.
• 4 year college degree strongly preferred
• A team player with the ability to maximize performance levels.
• A track record of driving net member movement (more joiners than leavers).
• the ability to manage and organize events