The Strategic Director drives the planning and formulation of the CME business strategy and its translation into mid-term (MTP) and annual plans based on a thorough understanding of the markets.
This position drives the development of a business intelligence system providing integrated business management systems and tools for the entire CME Management Team, managing digital transformation, focusing on virtual customer experiences and processes.
As a project manager, he/she takes responsibility to manage key business projects across business units to strengthen the organization, working closely with various teams across CME, Direct Operations, and CEA to successfully translate local needs into business and technical requirements for digital solutions, processes, and capabilities.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
• Conduct research on macro-economics, market developments, and competition to identify threats, opportunities, and best practices
• Identify and manage resources and partnerships to monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
• Support the assessment of the company s operational and strategic performance against success critical factors
• Support the translation of EMEA/DRBG strategy & mission to CME MTP s and annual plans in close alignment with the DRBG Strategy team
• Provide relevant information to senior executives in making effective decisions
• Support the annual budgeting process in close cooperation with Finance to ensure an aligned budget in line with strategic priorities
• Drive the translation of MTP and annual plans into an aligned cascading of objectives and targets in the organization.
• Monitor and analyze sales and key performance indicators providing regular insights to Senior Management for effective decisions.
• Support the development and maintenance of key performance indicators in alignment with DRBG
• Develop an integrated management reporting approach based on available sales and financial data
• Drive the implementation of technical applications connecting existing data/systems to ensure integrated and effective reporting (e.g. Power BI, sf.com, )
Project & Process Management
• Project Management of key business projects (e.g. mergers & acquisitions, )
• Coordination and monitoring progress of priority initiatives
• Drive process optimization and documentation
• Define and implement the overall digital transformation strategy
• Develop, scale, and deliver digital transformation initiatives (e.g Virtual showroom)
• Explore and develop business cases for Digital opportunities
• Manage relationships with third-party digital delivery partners
• Accountable for effective resource planning, management, reporting, and coordination of projects to
• deliver change in line with availability and business requirements
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
• A proven track record of successfully creating and implementing a digital change agenda
• Experience in designing digital products and services that solve both conventional and complex business solutions
• Extensive experience in working with multi-skilled teams on projects that touch a range of technical platforms.
• Deep understanding of the Digital industry and the issues and opportunities its players face, in areas such as technology, data, and business change.
• Experience with Digital Transformation Consultancy businesses or in a large enterprise leading digital initiatives
• Strong understanding of business transformation, digital, software builds, and change the delivery
• Strong ability to work with both business and technology stakeholders
• Deep expertise in digital technologies that solve both conventional and complex business solutions
• Ability to build strong relationships and to influence and communicate across various business lines and units at senior levels within the organization
• Project management skills
• Experience leading an innovative team
• Must have a passion for forward-thinking digital transformation
• An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers
• Experience with handling and analyzing a large amount of data
• Experience and exposure in business roles
• University level or equivalent
• Professional Digital qualification
• 7-10 years experience in a blue-chip organization
You will need
• Builds trust-based relationships
• Develops and coaches others
• Ensures delivery of the outcome
• Innovates by building on skills & experience
• Is business outcome-driven
• Is courageous and has conviction
• Is customer-oriented
• Is inspirational and motivational