• Answer telephones, route calls, take messages, and provide general information; greet and direct visitors; answer routine inquiries; maintain log of inquiries as required.
• Open and route incoming mail; distribute correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty.
• Perform a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position;
• May operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; type and mail form letters.
• Copy and/or duplicate materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of copy machine.
• Establish, maintain, process, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
• May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
• May schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
• May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
• May run various routine errands, as required, for the unit/department.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree with 2 to 3 years of experience related to the secretarial field.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material.
• Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
• Record maintenance skills.
• Receptionist skills.
• Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
• The Job Reference MUST be mentioned in the email subject field