At Farah we thrive on seeing happy
guests, colleagues and partners. We believe that each individual that we meet
is important, and that we can make a positive difference to their lives. Our
purpose is to create happiness one smile at a time.
As a Commercial Director, you will ensure that the F&B and Retail departments run smoothly and efficiently in all areas of the outlet operations. These include guest service standards, sales techniques and guest service competencies. The position is also responsible for ensuring that colleagues work and thrive in a harmonious working environment by guiding and assisting management colleagues in terms of proper leadership and development of front line colleagues in order to increase colleague satisfaction and decrease colleague turnover.
This position leads the strategic vision and financial results for in-park revenue while developing talent succession plans for colleagues while working closely with the F&B and Retail Shared Service departments and maintains constant lines of communication.
The Commercial Director has the responsibility to ensure all retail outlets achieve or exceed budgeted financial targets, in partnership with the Shared Service strategies, by ensuring that the correct merchandise is displayed at all times, ensuring seasonal promotions and sales offers are planned and launched at the specified times and by developing and managing their direct reports to reach the required standards and financial outlet targets.
The Commercial Director is the strategic business leader of the Commercial department and will:
• Develop and implements strategies to achieve KPI's and targets through efficient cost control and revenue maximization.
• Explore opportunities that drive sales and profit, create value, and encourage innovation such as partnership with third party vendors, and cost saving initiatives.
• Ensure that all departmental sales areas are operating to departmental and leisure facility standards with the clear goal of maximizing revenue at all times through training the operational teams
• Set clear goals for the operational team in relation to financial targets for the respective F&B and Retail outlets and channels.
• Review financial reports and statements to monitor departmental performance against budgets.
• Identify need and manages CAPEX funds for equipment and renovations projects in line with the set strategic goals.
• Designs, implements and actively reviews Standard Operating Procedures for the department.
• Ensures that the F&B team maintain a safe and healthy working environment that is compliant with local regulations (ADFCA) and international (HACCP) best practices.
• Ensures efficient measures to ensure prompt, accurate and personalized service to all Guests to achieve high Guest satisfaction levels.
• Manages the utilization of talent and resources to ensure park operational standards are met and also ensuring the labor cost is met or falls below budget.
• Coaches and develops direct reports and operational leaders to ensure colleagues are performing to the highest standards at all times ensuring guest and colleague satisfaction targets are met.
• Conducts colleague performance appraisals in a timely, fair and constructive manner in order to promote their personal and career growth.
• Recruits, trains and develops a team which passionately delivers Guests service excellence.
• Motivates colleagues through the effective implementation of incentive and recognition and rewards program.
• Displays a friendly, helpful and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with our Guests and fellow Colleagues in order to support Farah Strategy and Values.
• Represents and promotes Farah in a positive manner at all times in order to maintain professionalism to all concerned stakeholders.
• Listens actively and responds to guest feedback as well as assess and review Guest satisfaction index results and trends in order to continuously improve and exceed Guest expectations.
• Provides assistance for exclusive use events when needed, and to assist in the preparations of facilities for special functions, themed evenings, etc. in order to contribute to the success of the company.
• Maintains building, facilities, equipment and supplies in order to minimize damage, reduce waste and control costs.
• Enforces and adheres to all UAE laws, Health, Safety & Environmental and Hygiene policies, industry and company rules and regulations, reporting any safety concerns or incidents to management in order to minimize risk and maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues.
• Actively demonstrates a strong personal commitment to the business vision and shows an entrepreneurial mindset that helps the organization evolve and remain as leading edge and effective as possible.
• The Commercial Director must both project and protect the image and reputation of the facility's institutional partner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as requested by senior and Park leadership