A multinational manufacturing company is looking for a Commodity Manager.
For the concerned commodities under responsibility execute fiscal year commodity strategy, lead supply chain optimization projects in line with commodity strategy, create and manage contracts with strategic suppliers, take ownership of the material purchasing variance and responsibility to lead necessary initiatives to have it in line with fiscal year KPI. Continuously improve the supply base in terms of quality, cost, service level and continuous improvement monitoring and achieving KPIs.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
College or University Degree related to engineering or materials management
APICS certification (CPIM and/or CSCP) or equivalent level of experience on the job is required.*
*In case the individual is lacking both APICS certificate as well as the experience, the individual should foresee enrolling to APICS course within the first 18 months of the employment.
5 years Strategic Purchasing in International Environment
Fluent in English both spoken and written, any other European languages is an asset.
IT: MS Office Package, especially Excel.
Technical: strong technical comprehension, able to read technical drawings and interface with Engineering department.
Lean: Lean mindset, helicopter overview, strategic grasp of commodity management.
Purchasing: excellent purchasing knowledge included strategy deployment, project management, contract draft and negotiation.
Analytical: ability for cost analysis, cost breakdowns and return on investment.
Characteristics: assertive, cost sensitive, team player, good communication skills, structured, results oriented and creative thinking.
Position holder reports to Strategic Supply Manager.
Internal relations: the position holders works closely together with the central Supply Chain team, Plant Supply
Chains Manager Team, Manufacturing Engineering teams, BU Engineering & Sales teams.
External relations: Contacts with suppliers
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and execute Commodity Strategy: for the concerned commodities plan and implement sourcing actions in line with agreed fiscal year commodity strategy in coordination with Strategic Supply Manager, Purchasing, Plant Supply Chain, Engineering. Create, lead and monitor projects and tactics to successfully implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage Strategic & Approved Suppliers: Negotiate terms and conditions and contract with suppliers. Create/supervise projects for continuous improvement of the scores. Increase share of strategic suppliers over total supply turnover parallel to their performance. Deploy capacity planning, risk management, strategic contracts, rebate agreements, Lean Activities with Strategic Suppliers.
- Effectively manage supplier selection to meet commodity strategy, quality, service, cost, risk mitigation and supplier capabilities requirements whilst developing long-range global capacity and commodity strategy objectives based on growth plans by region and business unit.
- For the concerned commodities take ownership and accountability for the material purchase variance, having it monitored, investigated and in line with the fiscal year KPI.
- Monitor data, collaborate with Steering Committee to enhance supplier performance for cost/quality/service and continuous improvement. Apply controlling tools, report on progress made (prices/cash-discount/inventory/lead-times/quality/contracts), control data integrity in ERP s and manage
corrective action with the plant teams.
- Support team with commodity expertise.
- Investigate procurement market
To consolidate existing suppliers
To identify favorable new sources
To identify new technology
To increase market transparency
To optimize the future supply base