Working under the general direction of the Manager of the Marketing & Communications Unit. Liaise with other internal and external communicators. Consult with business leaders, project managers and subject matter experts to determine communication needs. Coordinate communication and change management activities with multiple partners across the business. Develop and implement strategic communication plans in support of HR programs, policies, and services.
Communications specialists are responsible for moderating communications throughout the organization. They use various resources, such as social media monitoring and tracking programs for both internal and external communications to follow analyze and execute communications. Communications specialists work to ensure messages are consistent with the overall brand meet company standards to maintain and promote the positive image on behalf of the organization.
Internally, the specialist will be in contact with hospital staff and C-suite, externally with Stakeholders.
• Counseling business leaders/project managers in best approaches to organizational communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations).
• Writes articles on JHAH services, enhancements, operations and projects, often consulting with subject matter specialists.
• Writes special diversified stories, conducting interviews and researching subject matter to develop information, as necessary.
• Edits news items, features and columns written by staff or contributors by checking for errors; or as assigned edits material submitted by other departments intended for presentation or distribution both within and outside the JHAH community.
• Clears articles for publication by submitting draft to concerned members of management up to and including the Chief Executive Officer.
• Selects photographs to accompany news stories and features, considering possible Government, shareholder and public objection to pictures; writes captions.
• Originates material, updates/edits booklets and brochures used by JHAH departments as required. These include benefits pamphlets, recruitment brochures, training booklets and others.
• Keeps informed of JHAH and local projects and activity through personal contacts, the Partner Contribution Agreement updates, Highlights and HR, etc.,
• Bachelor s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Technical/Professional writing, or a related field.
• Master s degree preferred.
Must have over 10 years' experience in a senior communications role, healthcare experience preferred
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Must be highly proficient in written and spoken English, particularly as related to the requirements of Journalism.
• Perceptive in handling matters of a confidential nature; adequate background in the cultures, traditions, and beliefs of the various nationalities of his readership.
• A good knowledge of Saudi press regulations and local sensitivities so as to avoid controversy and offensiveness.