A leading oil, chemicals and steel products company with offices across the globe (Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Africa and former CIS region).
• Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct
• Manage day-to-day operation of the compliance program
• Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
• Consult with general counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
• Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
• Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations
• Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends
• Provide reports on a regular basis and, as directed or requested, keep the Corporate Compliance Committee and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
• Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization
• Work with the human resource department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for all employees and managers
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Compliance advisory from Shipping/ bunkering background.
• Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
• Knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
• Strong investigational, analytical, ethics and problem-solving skills
• Ability to hit the ground running
• Extraordinary attention to details
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build rapport with clients
• Experience working with people of different backgrounds and a high level of cultural competency
• Strong regulatory compliance, investigation or audit experience gained within a financial service, legal or regulatory environment demonstrating solid understanding of the UAE or UK regulatory environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and advise on regulatory projects.
• Strong commercial orientation, with proven ability to assess a diverse range of financial service businesses and provide pro-active solutions.
• Experience advising clients and implementing frameworks meeting industry and leading practices standards and frameworks
• Notable customer experience and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical