Compliance Officer Saudi Arabia
Morgan Stanley Saudi Arabia
Morgan Stanley, one of the world s largest financial services firms, has been active on behalf of clients in Saudi Arabia since the early seventies. We have steadily built our relationships and expanded our offerings in the region: our comprehensive range of services includes mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, equity and debt capital markets, and sales and trading activities, as well as asset management and private wealth management. From our headquarters in Riyadh, we provide clients access to global opportunity, and solutions to their most complex problems. Our Firm s local presence is enhanced by our broad reach in the global capital markets, innovative thinking and unwavering focus on meeting our clients needs. Together these have made Morgan Stanley an especially strong name in the KSA.
Overview of Role
A role has arisen for a Director/VP in the Morgan Stanley Saudi Arabia ( MSSA ) Compliance team. The individual will work on all aspects of Compliance in support of Morgan Stanley s various business units operating in KSA. The individual will ensure that the organisation acts in compliance with internal policies, external rules and regulations, in particular those relating to Capital Market Authority, securities regulations and money laundering rules. Ultimately, the objective of the role is to help protect Morgan Stanley s franchise in KSA.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance and GFC - MENA, the individual will assume a number of responsibilities. The individual will also work closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance MSSA.
Advice, Policy and training
- Providing primary compliance coverage for MSSA employees.
- Contribute to and lead development of compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide support on regulatory requirements, transactions, new products and other business and infrastructure initiatives
- Provide support in training employees on a regular basis on their duties under the applicable laws and regulations as well as under Morgan Stanley s policies
- Responding to questions from the business in a timely manner, working with other compliance teams to incorporate their views where appropriate.
- Building relationships and networks across the Firm to develop a role as a trusted adviser to business and Legal and Compliance Management.
- Delivering the annual Compliance Plan for MSSA.
Monitoring, test checks, desk reviews and investigations
- Design compliance Monitoring and Testing programmers in conjunction with the EMEA Monitoring and Testing teams across MSSA.
- Conduct investigations with respect to any potential employee misconduct/breach of rules and regulations
Rule interpretation and implementation of procedures and processes
- Identify upcoming changes in KSA and CMA/Tadawul/Muqassa laws and regulations
- Ensure implementation of processes/procedures to comply with laws and regulations
- Ensure policies and procedures are drafted and updated accordingly
Contact with regulators and auditors
- Liaise with the regulators and internal and external auditors
- Provide input to responses to inquiries from Tadawul and the CMA in a timely manner
- Ensure processes and policies are in place to comply with the money laundering law
- Create/update money-laundering risk analysis and ensure adequate monitoring
- Collate monthly and quarterly Management information and update MSSA CEO of key achievements/ developments in the MSSA Compliance Program.