This position manages the smooth operation of the university computer labs. You will ensure the security of computers, manage the lab equipment, and coordinate supplies. The position will also be responsible for the supervision, instruction, training, and orientation of students and staff, including demonstrating the proper use of computers and software. You prepare and provide lab policies and procedures, instructional materials, maintain the environment, materials, and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
Key Instructing Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the IT department team, managing and coordinating the IT tasks that is related to computer labs.
• Liaison between the IT department and academic division, coordinate hardware and software requirement for academic programs.
• Provide training for faculty, staff, and students on IT systems and applications
• Provide an array of technical assistance to computer users, monitor the computer lab, and resolve problems, and answers users questions
• Ensure proper maintenance and security of all aspects of the computer labs
• Assist faculty with lab reservation or with special software requests, and coordinate software and hardware requirement for academic programs
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of all computing labs, conduct a daily walkthrough of labs and ensure that every component of the lab is working properly
• Manage camera installations and prevent hacking or any other activities that may compromise university systems
• Serve as a member of the university IT team, coordinate documentation, and tasks, and maintain online IT support information
• Assist with scheduling, managing, and monitoring in-house training for staff.
• Master s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related field.
• Related experience in a higher education environment. Work with related computer applications in engineering and design.
• Excellent skills in MS Office and database management and record keeping.
• Able to work well with non-technical clientele and communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff with differing levels of computer knowledge.
• Able to produce reports and presentations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Team player
• Organizational skills