In the UAE Design Technology is similar to primary computing in the UK. Students study the foundation of computer science from grade 3 9 in a subject called Design Technology Students then study Computer Science in grades 10 and 11. The qualifications for teaching both is the same, your experience and personality will decide which level you teach. The incumbent is responsible to assess students performance with the aim of helping students develop the linguistic ability to function effectively in an international environment. You will work in government schools where for all students English is their second language, with Arabic being their first.
• Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
• In collaboration with Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
• Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities. To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behavior s for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
• Adapt and work to the local working environment and local anomalies and ensure full integration with Emirati counterparts.