Position: Contracts Officer
Job Summary and Purpose
** PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QATARI CANDIDATES **
Ensure that contracting activities (tactical and transactional) for acquisition of third party services are conducted in a fair and transparent manner and in accordance with the Company policies and procedures. Effectively manage expenditure on third party services to improve overall performance (Supplier Performance Management) in terms of cost and value added to the Company.
1. Undertake ‘front to end’ contracting activities involving all of the required activities such as but not limited to Strategy development; Pre-qualification exercise; preparation and issue of Request for proposal (RFP), Invitation to Tender (ITT); tender evaluation and clarification, including clarification meetings; negotiation; contract preparation and award; post-award monitoring and administration; and finally performance management process for all assigned contracts categorized as medium to low risk and value.
2. Generate and manage all entries in SAP to ensure that all transactions, commitments and expenditures are duly captured and tracked.
3. Support internal stakeholders on selection of appropriate contracting strategies and contract forms including remuneration method.
4. Advise internal stakeholders on appropriate contracting strategies, contract forms, risk vs. incentive and total cost models based on contract arrangement requirements and select the appropriate remuneration methods.
5. Select the standard contract model and where applicable prepare special terms and conditions in consultation with the Legal, Finance and other division/departments as may be required to protect the interest of the Company and mitigates risk.
6. Interpret the contractual arrangement and obligations and support the contract holders in discussions related to variations, disputes or claims highlighting commercial and contractual issues.
7. Prepare the complete sourcing program and timelines for the assigned contract strategies included in Contract Plan based on the priority of each activity and execute accordingly following obtaining of business approval in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
8. Negotiate and administer various types of contractual commitments so that approvals, extensions, modifications and amendments, supplemental funding requests, notifications, close outs and other actions are handled promptly.
9. Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders and subject matter experts in other functions (Finance, Legal, SHEQ, etc.) on matters related to contracts.
Management of Contracts:
10. Assist in application, facilitation and implementation of Supplier Performance Management agenda and processes.
11. Contribute to the effective management of contracts and deliver outcomes in line with contracts objectives and business requirements.
12. Assist in the development and maintenance of contract management information, documentation, procedures, data and records.
13. Ensure that all contractors with whom the company is entering into a contract meet all legal requirements and government regulations.
14. Prepare contract summaries and status reports in order to keep a track of status of all contracts at different stages of progress on these contracts through close out.
15. Assist contract holders in preparation of Tender Committee submissions with commercial and contractual input.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
16. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
17. Implement approved policies, processes & procedures
18. Review and provide recommendations to enhance existing contract documents, forms and templates.
19. Work with and support the immediate supervisor and internal stakeholders to explore opportunities to maximize the value for money
20. Ensure compliance with relevant government regulations.
21. Assist in the timely distribution of reports to key internal stakeholders.
22. Perform any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Implement all contract related activities from pre-qualification to performance management and close out.
• Ensure compliance with Company policy and procedures and Government regulations
• Liaise with and advise the internal stakeholders in adopting appropriate contracting strategy
• Ensure delivery of the assigned contracts within the agreed timelines
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Engineering or an equivalent qualification
• Specialized business courses on Contracts, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Contract Terms & Conditions, Negotiation Strategies and Supplier Performance Management are recommended
• 3 to 6 years of experience in contracts field including preparation of tenders, evaluation, clarification, negotiation, formulating contract documents, administration of contracts, etc.
• Experience in handling contracts for various disciplines including but not limited to Corporate, Business, IT & Communications, Facilities maintenance and management disciplines within Oil & Gas / Marine and Petrochemical industries is desirable
Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge of standard forms of contract, contracts law and industry best practices on sourcing and contract management
• Ability to analyze and develop compelling business cases and present the same at senior management level
• Strong understanding of procurement principles and end-to-end supply chain management practices and processes
• Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP / Contract Management Systems