• The NFPS I1P1 Construction Inspector Elec & Instrumentation is responsible for all aspects of Electrical, Instrumentation and telecommunication for fabrication, installation and testing. He is also responsible of ensuring that all project key objectives are achieved or exceeded. Signing off completion certificates, collecting all final documentation from contractors and representing the Company as the day-to-day interface with contractors during all phases of the construction. Effective issue resolution through interfacing with both Company and Contractor teams is an essential component of the role to ensure full alignment on the execution of the Project through to Startup.
Reporting and Relationships
• Reports to the Topsides yard Leader.
• Regularly interfaces and collaborates with QG Yard Head of Construction.
• Responsible for managing interfaces with QG yard other entities.
• Interface and continuous interaction with Contractor fabrication team, Vendors, and Subcontractors.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
• Effective management of the overall E&I scope of work, including telecom for using the engineering document, including planning, preparation and execution to meet safety, quality, cost and schedule commitments.
• Effective stewardship of the Contract, ensuring Contractors deliver all execution aspects of the work in accordance with project requirements, from contract award until contract close out.
• Risk based evaluation of complex technical and execution issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution.
• Maintaining relationships with all yard entities to ensure alignment on overall Project delivery.
• Develop and maintain constructive and positive working relationship with Contractor to ensure delivery of the scope per plan and in accordance with project requirements.
Generic Accountabilities – All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
• Ensure all execution activities are carried out with priority on safety, health, environment and security requirements and regulations.
• Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
• Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti – trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
1. Supervises and monitors the activities of assigned personnel. Performs supervisory duties at the level established by management for the position.
2. Reviews drawings, bills of materials and project schedules, seeks clarifications from supervisor, project or design engineers as necessary, and assesses work to be done
3. Ensures that contractor personnel are thoroughly briefed regarding all fire and safety rules and regulations pertaining to their work, inclusive of attending the safety orientation briefing.
4. Oversees the construction work in progress, normally of several objects during the same period and monitors erection schedules, checks on conformity to approved drawings, attends site progress meetings, arranges for necessary inspections and liaises with other departments, such as Quality, HSE and other Engineering personnel.
5. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with approved drawings, contractual terms and good workmanship.
6. As relevant, liaises with other departments for obtaining Acceptance of Work Certificates on completion of work.
7. Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
8. Carries out other similar duties such as providing advice on construction considerations/potential problems to supervisor or to project/design engineers, and ensuring that construction personnel exercise good housekeeping practices to keep the worksite safe and tidy during/after construction.
9. Ensure that all construction Elec, Instrumentation and Telecom activities are done in line with the QG standards.
1. Frequent contacts with other departments and disciplines, such as engineering, quality, HSE, materials storekeepers/supervisors and inspection engineers and inspectors when coordinating and progressing construction work activities. Frequent external contracts with various contractor and subcontractor staffs during construction activities.
Independence of Operations
1. Works in accordance with established procedures, contractual terms and conditions and related engineering standards. Work and progress of construction jobs is regularly reviewed by supervisor.
2. Fully independent in his responsibility with strong knowledge of the work from engineering to completion of the tests.
1. Fabrication yard is located in Batam, Indonesia
a. 70% - Outdoors, with heat and humidity factors.
b. 30% - Normally air-conditioned office environment.
2. Will have access to a company vehicle.
3. Will have local accommodation in Batam.
4. Will be working 6 days a week.