We are looking for a qualified Construction Manager for our new campus that will be constructed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The Construction Manager will be the owners' representative who is responsible for running the entire construction site. The Construction Manager's role includes:
• Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors.
• Knowledge of the local building codes and the requirements of the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Follow-up to issuing building permits from various local authorities.
• Developing the program of work and strategy.
• Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
• Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment are adhered to.
• Overseeing the running of several projects and awareness of materials and systems specs, deadlines, and risks associated with late delivery as well as alternative plans.
• Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
• Communicating with a range of people including the owners, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce. Qualifications:
• Industry and project experience.
• University degree in civil/construction engineering or relevant fields.
• Applicants from outside KSA must be holder of Engineering degree attestable from the Saudi Cultural Attaché in their home country.
• Forward planner with exceptional skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate them.
• Good problem solving skills.
• IT skills with specially AutoCAD. Benefits:
Competitive tax-free salary (12 months a year), housing and transportation allowance, medical insurance, annual paid leave, and end-of-service gratuity.