Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard Health Affairs, to provide patient care; education and training of Associate Consultants and Assistant Consultants, Medicine Residents, National Guard physicians; supervise clinics, research; self-education; and participate in on-call for Department of Pathology.
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Experience Post Post-Qualifications
• Two (2) years experience post board certification
• Implementation of policies and tasks specified by DMS, the Hospital Administration, and those to whom he or she reports. Including assisting with the administration of the Unit and/or Department Suggesting changes in services or policy, and performing any particular duties delegated to him or her by higher authority.
• Full clinical responsibility for the clinical care for all his or her own patients. Also responsibility for those aspects of care being given by him or her to patients currently admitted under another clinician s name.
• Overall clinical responsibility for the clinical care of patients given by more junior medical staff. As in 2.1, on his or her behalf, and for the instruction and delegated activities of non- medical staff.
• Giving advice and education as appropriate to other medical staff (in the case of individual patient care) and to non-medical staff for general and medical education.
• Responsibility for the maintenance of good medical records for all patients under his or her care (in person, or by delegation), and their timely completion including admission. Operation and discharge notes, and properly requested medical reports.
• The organization of day-by-day duties of staff working under him or her, taking into account other duties properly allocated to those staff by others.
• Covering the work of other Consultants as required.
• On-call duties as required.
• The continuing medical education of others, particularly those working with him or her at the time.
• Reporting deficiencies in attendance or performance, when required, to Department or Unit Head, as well as problems with the organization, equipment or supplies.