We have a challenging opportunity for Consultant opened up in our Energy & Utilities audit practice.
The role in Energy & Utilities requires multi-dimensional capabilities. They are responsible for growing existing accounts, risk-based audit planning, and project execution and reporting.
They develop a deep understanding of client s business and build lasting relationships with client personnel. They demonstrate technical competence in their product group and industry, understand client s perspective and become the de-facto go-to-person . They are responsible for serving clients and ensuring outstanding quality execution of projects.
Energy & Utilities Practice
Energy & Utilities practice is a business vertical that services both the consulting and internal audit line of service in Protiviti. The focus areas for Energy & Utilities practice under consulting and internal audit include:
Internal Audit Technical, project & Support audits in oil & gas industry and Accounting, audits and Consulting for primarily Oil and Gas, Petroleum, National Oil Company, International Oil Company in technical positions.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
• Identify and evaluate client s risk areas covering all significant processes and provide comprehensive input to the development of a risk-based annual internal audit plan.
• Independently manage different client engagements. Plan, organize, direct and execute internal audit operations, including overall quality of deliverable, processes and completion of projects within budgeted timeline.
• Ensure a robust control framework to ensure we meet global standards and are compliant with all the control procedures applicable to our business.
• Establish and document a framework for the audit function in terms of standard reporting templates along with specifications thereof, audit calendars and such other functional processes and procedures.
• Manage assignments for effectively carrying out internal audit and risk management of the various units and subsidiaries of the company with a view to identifying weaknesses and recommending improvement to processes, control systems, procedures etc. besides highlighting non-compliance to various statutory and legal requirements.
• Follow up implementation of recommendations for improvement within a mutually agreed time frame with the business/functional heads.
• Setting up a risk management framework, including the standards and recommend executive actions, for the company.
• Undertake one off specific review assignments on behalf of the management as and when requested.
• Develop relevant audit programs & procedures including Risk & Control Matrix (RCM).
• Manage performance of audit procedures. This includes identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures. Demonstrate technical competence in related domain.
• Communicate the results of assignments through written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to client management, including presentations to the Audit committees and at Board meetings.
• Assist engagement director with identification for any new firm services at existing or new clients. Prepare and track proposals and conduct proposal meetings with clients. Responsible for developing and growing business and managing portfolio of clients.
• Support practice management including work in progress monitoring, proposal development and monitoring of performance against the business plan. Lay down processes for improvement as well as strengthen the practice in the region.
• Understand, document, and test the key risks and controls within various businesses and operations.
• Bachelor s degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering from a top tier college.
• Post Graduate in Finance, Strategy, Operations, Economics, Petroleum industry or equivalent from a top tier college.
• Diversity profile is preferred on these roles.
• Experience of working in leading consulting firms - Internal Audit teamer accounting work for big oil & gas firm is required.
• Minimum 2 years of industry experience in a related field, preferably in internal audit and industry or Consulting. Good mix of education and experience will be useful.
• Experience in power/oil & gas/utility industry is mandatory especially in more than one of the areas like- exploration & production, E&P service industry, E&P construction industry, Accounting, Auditing, refining & marketing, pipelines, gas, LNG, fertilizers, petrochemicals, UCG, CBM, and shale gas like non-conventional gas etc.
Key Personal Attributes
• A good blend of creative thinking and rigorous analysis in solving business problems.
• Excellent time management skills. Must have ability to multi-task.
• Regular reading habit for updating himself/herself and exhibit high level of confidentiality.
• Enjoys travelling and meeting new people. Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential.
Selected personnel will be based out of Abu Dhabi, UAE.