Consultant - Medical Oncology
King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Medical Oncology, in accordance with the current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
• Graduation from an accredited medical school
• Completion an training in internal medicine and medical oncology in recognize center
• Be certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or its equivalent for internal Medicine and Sub specialty of Medical Oncology
Post post qualifications from one of the following locations:
• USA: The American Board Of Oncology
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Oncology (FRCPS-C)
• UK and Ireland: CCST/CCT Certification in Oncology
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP Oncology ) or New Zealand College (FRACP Oncology)
• Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
• Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Minimum 7 years post post qualifications
Current and clean medical license to practice from Canada, Western Europe, US, new Zealand or Australia
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inpatient Service Assessment and management of patients admitted on the floor under Consultant's care, including but not limited to:
• Daily round with the inpatient team.
• Writes a brief admission note, daily progress notes, or co-signs junior staff notes on assigned patients.
• Participates in the on-call rota as second or third on-call with other Consultants.
• Supervises junior staff in performing investigation /invasive and therapeutic procedures such
• as bone marrow biopsies, parenthesis, spinal taps, intrathecal chemotherapy and intractability chemotherapy as needed.
• Writes chemotherapy orders, and/or co-signs chemotherapy orders written by junior staff.
• Discusses the plan of care with patients and their families.
• Requests consultation from other services as needed.
• Evaluates new referrals including full assessment, develops, and implements the plan of care.
• Manages follow-up patients on routine chemotherapy or off chemotherapy, and discharges
• them when appropriate.
• Supervises the junior staff in managing the patients in the regular clinics as well as drop-ins or unscheduled patients.
• Participates in running multidisciplinary clinics with other specialties when required.
• Reviews no-show patients and advises follow-up as needed.
• Performs chart review of laboratory results and imaging studies.
• Responds to consultations requested from other services.
• Plans for management and disposition.
• Documents inpatient medical records in a timely fashion and per hospital policy.
• Academic Responsibilities
• Participates in Grand Rounds.
• Participates in weekly activities of the Section.
• Does bedside teaching for undergraduate students, Residents and Fellows.
• Participates in presentation of Journal Club topics.
• Participates in multidisciplinary conferences such as the Breast, Sarcoma, and Lymphoma Conferences.
• Participates in organizing workshops related to his specialty as needed.
• Writes and conducts prospective and retrospective clinical trials.
• Writes manuscripts and abstracts; submits them for publication in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
• Participates in departmental and hospital committees as determined by the Director of Oncology Centre, or Hospital administration.
• Participates in quality improvement projects as directed by the Section Head or Director of Oncology Centre.
• Participates in self and other's education, training, and development, as applicable.
• Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures. Performs any other duties, as assigned.