Consultant (From Oil & Gas industry with Financial background)
We have a challenging opportunity opened up for the role of Consultant in our Energy & Utilities audit practice.
The Consultant role in Energy & Utilities requires multi-dimensional capabilities. They are responsible for growing existing accounts, risk-based audit planning, project execution and reporting.
Consultants develop a deep understanding of clients business and build lasting relationships with client personnel. They demonstrate technical competence in their product group and industry, understand clients perspective and become the de-facto go-to-person. They are responsible for serving clients and ensuring outstanding quality execution of projects.
Energy & Utilities Practice
Energy & Utilities practice is a business vertical that services both the consulting and internal audit line of service in Protiviti. The focus areas for Energy & Utilities practice under consulting and internal audit include:
Internal Audit Technical, project & Support audits in oil & gas industry.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Identify and evaluate clients risk areas covering all significant processes and provide comprehensive input to the development of a risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Independently manage different client engagements. Plan, organize, direct and execute internal audit operations, including overall quality of deliverables, processes and completion of projects within budgeted timeline.
- Ensure a robust control framework to ensure we meet global standards and are compliant with all the control procedures applicable to our business.
- Establish and document a framework for the audit function in terms of standard reporting templates along with specifications thereof, audit calendars and such other functional processes and procedures.
- Manage assignments for effectively carrying out internal audit and risk management of the various units and subsidiaries of the company with a view to identifying weaknesses and recommending improvement to processes, control systems, procedures etc. besides highlighting non-compliance to various statutory and legal requirements.
- Follow up implementation of recommendations for improvement within a mutually agreed timeframe with the business/functional heads.
- Setting up a risk management framework, including the standards and recommend executive actions, for the company.
- Undertake one off specific review assignments on behalf of the management as and when requested.
- Develop relevant audit programs & procedures including Risk & Control Matrix (RCM).
- Manage performance of audit procedures. This includes identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures. Demonstrate technical competence in related domain.
- Communicate the results of assignments through written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to client management, including presentations to the Audit committees and at Board meetings.
- Assist engagement director with identification for any new firm services at existing or new clients. Prepare and track proposals and conduct proposal meetings with clients. Responsible for developing and growing business and managing portfolio of clients.
- Developing strong relationships with top executives at prospects (target clients) and existing clients.
- Support practice management including work in progress monitoring, proposal development and monitoring of performance against the business plan. Lay down processes for improvement as well as strengthen the practice in the region.
- Understand, document, and test the key risks and controls within various businesses and operations.
- Chartered Accountant / Certified Internal Auditor with a commerce background and industry specialization preferred.
- 5 years post qualification experience in financial advisory, budgeting, financial statements, cost control, and reporting.
- Experience of working in leading consulting firms - Internal Audit team is a must
- Post Graduate in Finance, Strategy, Operations, Economics, Petroleum industry or equivalent from a top tier college is desirable.
- High skill in preparing Presentation Materials, very good knowledge of English, High Computer skills (Oracle, Maximo, SAP, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Key Personal Attributes
- A good blend of creative thinking and rigorous analysis in solving business problems.
- High energy individual possessing excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Adept at preparing and presenting to senior audiences.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Excellent time management skills. Must have ability to multi-task.
- Regular reading habit for updating himself/herself and exhibit high level of confidentiality.
- Enjoys travelling and meeting new people. Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential.