Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Pediatrics Emergency Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
• Provides required patient care and management in the field of Paediatrics Emergency Medicine in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by Hospital.
• Evaluates and stabilizes patients present in the emergency department with an emergency medical condition
• Provides treatment that meets the unique medical needs of infants, children and teens. This includes giving medications and using special equipment in specific ways.
• Specializes in the care of children and teens that are acutely ill or injured and cares for a wide range of medical problems that require immediate medical help and may be life-threatening.
• Treats emergencies and all medical problems, injuries, poisoning/overdoses and complications of chronic illnesses.
• Detects problems in children who are impatient and uncooperative. Eases the pain and anxiety that a medical emergency cause families through education and counselling
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by Hospital.
• Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
• Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures.
• Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Paediatrics Emergency Medicine.
• Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
• Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Pediatrics Emergency Medicine, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
• Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
• Participates in national and international medical conferences.
• Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of Hospital.
• Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
• Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
• Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
• Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
• Performs any other related duties, as assigned,
• Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in specialty and/or subspecialty, with board certification by an approved Specialty Board, membership and/or fellowship status in the United Kingdom and/or Canada or their equivalent.
• Seven (7) Years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate Experience Required training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years' experience in the subspecialty.