Consultant - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Neurorehabilitation)
Hamad Medical Corporation
The Consultant Medicine Rehabilitation - (Neuro Rehabilitation) accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under his name. The Consultant is capable of independently providing high-quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage, and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. The Consultant actively contributes to the teaching and training of students and junior doctors, and to the development of his specialty through leadership, academics, and research. Research is a key and integral component of the Corporation s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute to delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education, and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
• USA: The American Board Of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation(FRCPS-C)
• UK and Ireland: CCST/CCT Certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation ) or New Zealand College (FRACP Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
• Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
• Basic medical degree from a recognized institution
Minimum 1-year post qualifications
Current and clean medical license to practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of Hamad Medical Corporation.
• Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
• Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
• Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
• Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head/chairman.
• Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical, and nursing staff.
• Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
• Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
• Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
• Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
• Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply, and equipment needs.
• Writes, completes, and approves medical reports for patients.
• Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
• Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges.
• Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards.
• Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working for HMC.
• Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson/head of the department and approved by the Medical Director.
• The specific details about roles and responsibilities related to each specialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by the Department.