• External Research management: Plan, manage, optimize and communicate in a timely manner all consumer research according to business needs, including defining, selecting the vendor, designing, conducting and reporting all the relevant external research managing the complete process with external vendors. (ie. Preopening study, Culture & values, Home Visits..etc). Preparing and sharing all the presentations of the results of all the studies made externally to all the stakeholders.
• IKEA research and reports management: Act as the contact point and manage all the surveys and research made by IKEA Business Franchise for our markets (ie. BC, ICSS, Voice..etc). Secure the correct implementation, providing the necessary information in a timely manner and securing the quality of the output.Preparing and sharing all the presentations of the results of all the studies made by IKEA.
• Internal Research & Survey management : Creating, managing, implementing, reporting and sharing all the insights from the customer surveys done through internal sources: IKEA Family Database, Exit Interviews, website surveys, etc. Leveraging existing data and research from our customer base, plus creating new learning through new findings, to deliver compelling, creative insights and reporting to influence how we grow and how we solve customer problems. Create, implement and maintain a research plan for obtaining customer insights (using internal means: exit interviews, IKEA Family database, etc) and for a better understanding of the performance of each store. Work cross-functionally to manage and disseminate research findings and insights. Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members stakeholders
• Experience in Consumer and Market research and analysis and a proven track record of success.
• Experience working with various research vendors and the ability to synthesize other research points into informed opinions and research backed directions/action
• Ability to advocate for the research findings
• Ability to concisely summarize, analyze and report relevant findings and insights
• Compelling, persuasive oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build cross-functional relationships
• Strong project management skills and ability to plan and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• An understanding of qualitative and user-centered design evaluative research methods (e.g., ethnography, focus groups, diary studies, surveys)
• Knowledge of quantitative research methods and statistical concepts
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
• Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
• Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills along with the ability to effectively influence via cross-functional partnerships, collaborations, and relationship building.
• Ability to comfortably communicate with and present to senior management team members.
• 5+ years experience in research. In retail it would be a plus.
• Proficiency with large datasets and data tools (e.g., CRM, social listening tools)
• Deep understanding of consumer and market research with both qualitative and quantitative experience
• Track record of synthesizing inputs, drawing insights, and communicating to appropriate stakeholders throughout the company
• Experience working successfully within a matrixed organization.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team or teams, working in multiple projects simultaneously.