ROLE: Content Strategist
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
OLIVER is a rapidly expanding global creative services agency with a twist: we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It s a dynamic, fast paced, solutions-focused start-up environment that brings client and agency closer together to co-create more effective and efficient work. In September 2016, Oliver were awarded a contract by Unilever to create a global on-site, in-house agency network U-Studio in Unilever s leading offices around the world. Working in true collaboration with our client Unilever, at U-Studio we have one goal in mind: to be the leading agency partner for the development of stunning and effective digital content and media campaigns.
Personal Care is Unilever s largest Category, spanning Hair Care, Deodorants, Skin Cleansing, Skin Care, and Oral Care. It houses some of the world s best-loved brands, including Dove, Axe/Lynx, Rexona/Sure, TRESemme, Sunsilk, Smile, and Simple, as well as a premium portfolio and exciting new brand launches.
In a highly competitive and saturated market place, creating visually stunning, impactful work is essential. Personal Care U-Studio is looking to elevate and accelerate its beauty credentials, setting the new best in beauty gold standard in omni-channel communications. We want to create industry-leading, world class work that s truly beautiful, smart, and effective. To help us achieve our goal, we are looking for a strong, inspirational Beauty Planning Director to join us in this exciting ambition.
Reporting into the Group Planning Director, the Beauty Planning Director will be required to develop strategic solutions to a broad range of complex business issues and communication requirements, gaining a deep understanding of existing Brand and campaign strategies to ensure our multichannel B2C communications are fully aligned.
You will be passionate about the customer experience, customer journeys, the retail environment and beauty brands, ensuring our work is data driven and measurably delivers ROI.
You will excel at finding creative and innovative ways to develop online experiences that engage the audience.
This hands-on role will also ignite and influence our Personal Care U-Studios, specialist partners, and off-site teams around the world to deliver consistently premium, beauty-driven creative content. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a beauty-obsessed planner to directly influence some of the world s best-loved brands, within the largest category at the world s second largest advertiser.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Co-lead a beauty-first, digital-first vision, alongside Unilever stakeholders, for Personal Care U-Studios globally
• Develop deep understanding of Brand and Campaign strategies, and target audiences to ensure all Personal Care work aligns to these
• Develop new Brand Campaign Strategies
• To offer proactive thinking and ideas to Unilever s senior marketers that will help to profitably drive engagement, content excellence, innovation and average transaction value.
• To ensure that our work is measurable, that we re optimising, and that we are proving its business impact.
• To understand, support and promote Unilever s Marketing Strategies and Innovations including Mobile First, Digital 2.0, UnStereotype, contributing innovative thinking and championing the digital space.
• To help train other strategists and account people.
• To mentor junior planners.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE :
• Be passionate about Beauty, Personal Care and Premium brands
• Be a confident and experienced planner, who brings energy, vision, insights, and a clear point of view
• Have extensive experience in the beauty and/or fashion industry, including working with premium brands
• Be passionate about beauty, personal care brands, digital content, and new technologies.
• Have an awareness of the wider beauty/personal care industry and digital landscape is a must
• Have a strong ability to find fresh, new, interesting angles on beauty and personal care
• Have a holistic approach to work, and the ability to bring to life creative ideas across multiple disciplines and channels
• Have extensive experience in working with truly global brands across a diverse market mix is preferential
• Possess a desire to innovate in creative, beauty, and digital constantly and consistently seek to push boundaries of storytelling in the category
• Be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively the power to thrive in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment and deliver to deadline is key
• Have a solution-focused, proactive approach; remain calm under pressure, and be able to work around challenges
• Bring an entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude adaptability and flexibility is a must
• Be able to think strategically and broadly, beyond your immediate role, about opportunities and solutions
• Lead by example be equally comfortable leading/mentoring and getting your hands dirty
• Be an excellent communicator and collaborator among stakeholders of all levels, and a strong team player the ability to communicate creative and/or complex ideas quickly and simply is essential
• Be innovative, ambitious and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
• Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen and adapt
• Collaborative team player, open minded non-political
• Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, business
• Leads by example, and enjoys mentoring and teaching