• Analyse the contract terms and identify areas of possible risk and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
• Quantify the risk value and be able to provide mitigating contractual language / article project related solutions to minimize the risk.
• Successfully negotiate contracts with customers with compelling arguments.
• Safeguard company’s contract objectives.
• Manage and coordinate (on behalf of the Maritime Cluster) contract administration activities, providing contract administration resources to bids and projects, ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the bidding and execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to maximise project revenues.
• Assist with the bid handover and booking process and ensure that the necessary commercial information is understood and disseminated to the extended project team.
• Establish and maintain the project variation control system and managing negotiations in line with contract requirements.
• Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
• Provide advice, assistance and guidance to management, project managers and functions on project specific contractual matters, Marine Commercial Manager/ Business Development Manager & Maritime Cluster business units.
• Manage the ITO (Order to Inquiry) milestones and invoicing to ensure that the project maintains the best possible free cash flow.
• Assist ITO Leader with key contract negotiations during bidding phase.
• Ensure commercial risks are identified and managed across the project scopes of work by controlling the overall project risk and opportunity review and reporting process.
• Support periodic client and internal reporting and performance presentations.
• Support the formulation and negotiation of project contractual claims and counter claims.
• Support the handover process to the base organisation at project completion.
• Deputise for the Business Development Manager as required.
• Assisting the Business Development Manager / Commercial Manager / Project Manager with weekly and monthly reporting – both internally and externally – with regards to Variations and other commercial matters Requirements.
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or, other relevant legal, commercial, Marine related degree.
• Min 10 years contract management experience in a Marine Service environment.
• Proven track record in contributing to the improvement of project profitability, cash flow and control of commercial risk in previous roles.
• Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
• Strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
• Be able to work at a detailed level and lead the team by example.
• Full understanding and working knowledge of the key legal risk areas such as but not limited to Contractual Liability, Insurance requirements, defective performance and Warranty obligations for goods and services and application of same in the Marine Service Industry.
• Full understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of lump sum and reimbursable project related financial and contractual management clauses in areas such as but not limited to Application of Rates, Confidentiality, Completion Notices, Payment Profiles & Cashflow, Variation Control, Escalations, Cancellation etc. required to make sound ITO commercial decisions.
• Understanding of key commercial risks and areas for opportunity and able to lead project risk review process and assessments.
• To secure favourable outcomes, having the flexibility to understand and negotiate alternative contractual and commercial positions with customers (subject to approval)
• Strong people management skills
• Proven skills in contract management
• PC Literate: Excel, Word, Outlook
Language Skills: • Fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English
Years of Experience: • Minimum 5 years of maritime experience with experience in Marine Services from a Contractual perspective.
Nature of Experience: • Marine Services and Ports & Shipping industry experience in a similar role.