Remote Corporate Counsel needed for a fast growing startup company in the GCC region.
- Bachelor s Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- 5 years of corporate law experience, preferably with an international law firm.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Exposure to international markets is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Good time-management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, technical services agreements and corporate documents (including, without limitation, powers of attorney and resolutions).
- Assist in providing legal support for setting up of companies in the UAE, KSA, and Kuwait in order to ensure all the necessary documentation is prepared, collated and available when required.
- Assist in coordinating with internal stakeholders, such as the business development team, assets team, etc. as required, and follow up with them in order to gather the necessary information required.
- Proofread draft agreements, letters, reports and tabulations for line manager s review and correction.
- Conduct legal research as may be required including finding out precedents and relevant statutes, legal articles and other writings related to a specific legal research, in order to support the team.
- Shadow senior team members on key meetings, negotiations, reviewing documents, etc. in order to build capability and competence in required areas.
- Ensure an up-to-date database of all relevant legal and statutory regulations to provide a convenient source of reference to colleagues within the function.
- Collate and draft the conditions precedent in the term sheet before closing of the deal, in order to ensure the required documents are available.
- Draft the basics of agreements and contracts relevant to specific legal transactions and provide it to the team to populate other details in order to ensure provision of required support.
- Adhere to all relevant organizational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
- Contribute in the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programs, and projects in line with the organization s standards.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.