Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
The implemented activities are mainly: distribution of household water treatment and safe storage units, implementation of behavior change approaches to improve sanitation and hygiene in remote areas, data collection and analysis wash and waste and research studies. Development or improvement of solid waste management systems including strategies and plans construction of facilities (e.g. transfer stations or WEE facilities) and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorates Hebron, in East Jerusalem, and Gaza, in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, HF, OCHA and the World Bank.
The Country Administrator will work under the supervision of the Desk Officer and Head of Mission and she/he has to coordinate PMs and Country Administrator.
Total estimative yearly budget 1.5 ML 2 ML.
The collaboration will start in Mid-November 2020
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Jerusalem.
The Country Administrator responds to the Head of Mission.
The person will work in collaboration with the mission staff.
The Country Administrator is in charge of the punctual financial management & control, accounting and financial reporting to Cesvi HQ, donors and other stakeholders and promotes cost-effectiveness in project activity implementation. Furthermore, the Country Administrator supervises the HR and logistics aspects of the mission.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Financial monitoring of the projects implemented in the Country
• Supervise and/or update the Prime entry and Balance Forecast Update (BFU) on monthly basis and submission to the HQ in collaboration with the PM and under the supervision of the HoM
• Update Share costs plan on quarterly basis in strict collaboration with HoM
• Supervise local admin staff for the management of petty cash, cash book and bank books
• Cash and Bank reconciliations
• Prepare draft of interim financial reports and final financial reports
• Assist each PM in the preparation of the procurement plan for yearly project management and its update
• Assist each PM in the procurement procedures
• Assist each PM in the preparation of the cash flow needed and the Request for Funds to the HQ or Request for Payment
• Organize training meetings on administrative procedures (for partners and local staff)
• Support each PM in drafting new proposals
Donors Audit and Expenditure verification and Country Audit for registration
• Supervise the organization of all Donor s Audit requests and Expenditure verification in coordination with HQ, according to Cesvi external audit procedure
• Supervise the organization of the Country Audit needed for the registration in coordination with HQ
Support the efficient office management
• Contributes and participate in the preparation and updating of Cesvi Country manual of internal procedures
• Ensure a proper written handover by the end of the contract
Guarantee the correct HR management for local staff
• Apply Cesvi internal procedures in the Country and contribute to their update and improvement in collaboration with the HoM and HQ
• Supervise that staff recruitment is done according to the safe-recruiting process
• Supervise that staff contracts are defined according to the grade and level of Cesvi salary scale
• Supervise the regular compiling of attendance sheet, and supervise the update of holiday & permits follow up
• Supervise the monthly payroll and salary payments
• Verify the correct allocation of staff costs
• Supervise that contracts are regularly registered by the competent authorities and that taxes and social insurance are deducted and deposited according to national tax regulation
• Manage national logistic staff in the Country
• Build capacity of national logistic and admin staff through on-the-job training
• Enhance systems and guidelines for the logistics unit of the mission on procurement procedures, store control; equipment, vehicle use and maintenance, fuel tracking, and other logistical matters
• Take part in the procurement process and validate before payment
• Ensure that Logistic coordinator supervises the management of supplies, stocks and assets
• Plan and coordinate regular field visits of the Logistic coordinator and Logistic manager in order to assess the office management and logistic systems in place or in case support or office set up is needed