We re looking for exceptional talent to lead our team in Iraq. Our culture is passionate, تمكين, سريع البديهة وجيد التواصل مع الاخرين-paced and transparent. We are open to candidates from different sectors and members of our team have come to us from a diverse range of industries, from start-ups to government. We value ability and willingness to learn over years of experience. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The Country Director role comes at a critical, stimulating moment for the organization in Iraq, as we scale up to 5 cities and take the quality of our programs to a new level of excellence. In coordination with the Re:Coded Leadership Team, the Country Director will lead the transformation in Iraq to a new operational and organizational model. The Country Director will be responsible for overall leadership and supervisory management of Re:Coded staff, عمليات, stewardship of resources, staff safety and security, performance management and external representation. Together with program leads, the Country Director will also ensure the high quality, overall coordination and strategic direction of programs, while also representing the organization externally at a senior level.
1. Management and Leadership
• In consultation with the Leadership Team, deliver transformational change in-بلد, implementing a new organizational structure to support the healthy and steady growth of Re:Coded in Iraq.
• Lead countrywide operations, including the delivery of ICT programs, entrepreneurship activities, and community programs and events, as well as support a strong administrative and finance department.
• الاشراف علي أداره, coaching and development of staff to build a team of skilled, committed and motivated individuals.
• مدرب, قطار, Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, communicating clear expectations, providing regular and radically candid performance feedback, and setting quarterly performance reviews.
• Promote a strong team spirit, creating an environment of continuous learning, where staff are encouraged and supported to grow and develop.
• الحفاظ على بيئة مكتب صحية وتمكين تشجع على فتح, candid and productive communication among Re:Coded staff and with partner organizations.
2. العمليات, العمليات والأنظمة
• Take ownership of Key Performance Indicators for the country, ensuring that program leads update and keep track of numbers for their activities.
• Work together with the Finance Team to prepare and maintain effective and coordinated budget monitoring processes for grant funds and discretionary funds.
• In collaboration with the Finance Team, ensure procurement and financial policies comply with Re:Coded and donor requirements.
• Provide timely and effective oversight of the country program s financial position.
• Oversee the management of all security issues, including appropriate response to emergency situations as they arise.
• Create best-في-class security protocols that maximally safeguard staff and beneficiaries.
• Keep security, evacuation and contingency plans current and accessible to country program staff.
• Work with program manager and consult with the Leadership Team to identify and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
• Maintain and create highly-structured processes, systems and recommendations with a data-نهج مدفوعة.
• Create and maintain playbooks, detailed manuals that document all relevant parts of the Re:Coded modus operandi within Iraq; continually update and improve manuals in preparation for training other teams.
3. Donor Relations, External Representation and Growth
• Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities and planned funding streams.
• Initiate and sustain strong, مهمة-aligned partnerships with local and international organizations.
• Seek out and pursue opportunities to raise the profile of our work, as well as the profile of individuals we train and serve.
• Play a leadership role in the technology and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Iraq and regionally.
• Represent the organization in conferences and events, as well as to the local media.
• Make recommendations to Re:Coded leadership about future programs, strategies and growth.
• In consultation with the Leadership Team, lead the growth of country programs so that Re:Coded continues to be the go-to organization for technology training in Iraq and the Middle East Region at large.
• Take the lead on communication with donors in Iraq and actively fundraise for new projects that align with Re:Coded s mission.
• 5+ years of experience working in management and/أو العمليات, with strong leadership components.
• بناء الخبرات, leading and developing a team of junior to mid-level staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
• Exceptional track record managing complex operations and nimble teams across multiple locations.
• Experience leading change in an organisation which has led to high performance, improved outcomes, and overall staff happiness.
• Experience building personal networks at a senior level (i.e. executives, المستثمرين, الجهات المانحة, شركاء, and governmental bodies), leading to new opportunities for the organisation.
• Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes.
• Passion for problem-solving in contexts with high ambiguity.
• Strong budget and fiscal oversight capacities.
• Handling sensitive and confidential information with honesty and integrity.