The Creative Writer is responsible for communicating Khalifa University s messages and relevant information through internal and external communication platforms, including webpage content, emails, posters, advertisements, scripts and news articles in a way that is timely, accurate, and aligned with the University s messaging, strategic goals and Style Guide.
• Create, edit and revise announcements, letters, posters, brochures, agendas, scripts, advertisements, job postings, and other ad-hoc content as necessary, to support the University events, activities, processes, and initiatives.
• Create and edit webpage content for the University s News, general and laboratory websites that is relevant, engaging, and concise.
• Work with the Marketing Manager and other staff in planning, developing and maintaining KU website and other related websites if any.
• Oversee content on the University s website, adds and improves overall content, and ensures the University s website is optimized for ranking surveys.
• Analyse and assure all pages and content information is correct, user-friendly, and accessible.
• Undertake research, verifying the factual content of written work.
• Review and edit social media posts prepared by social media coordinator.
• Develop content and strategic narratives to improve and shape perceptions in ways that directly affect the University s global rankings position.
• Serve as a gatekeeper to screen articles and press releases through a chain of reviewers, so that feedback from each reviewer is incorporated, approval achieved, and uploaded to website or sent to media
• Meet subject matter experts, department officials, and other relevant individuals to receive content briefs, and create and provide content for these briefs as and when required
• Understand the various audiences being targeted and develop written content in appropriate tones and forms
• Submit material for publication in the required and expected format;
• Maintain good working relationships with all departments to ensure cooperative and prompt approvals and the constant flow of requisite information
• Manage KUPulse, a newsletter that includes content distributed directly to the University s global distribution with the intention to build academic reputations and impact scoring of global surveys.
• Regularly submit content by way of articles, developing story ideas, and placing content into global publications.
• Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
• A Bachelor s Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
• A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of 2-3 year of relevant experience