Department: Government Liaison
Category: General: Established Indefinite
COMPANY NAME: NAKILAT AGENCY COMPANY
WORK LOCATION: RAS LAFFAN
Job Summary and Purpose
Support the Shipping Agency operations in providing crew logistics services in the ports of Qatar. Facilitate crew logistics services at an international level and ensure compliance with the immigration laws of Qatar as well as port rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• High school graduate or Bachelor Degree in Business or any related discipline
• Should hold a valid Qatar driving license.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role within the shipping or transportation industry
Job Specific Skills:
• Good understanding of Qatar Immigration laws, as well as Port rules and regulations
• Good understanding of safety and security protocols in handling crew, both local as well as international
• Use of Windows based software such as MS Office Suite. Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
• Fast and accurate typing skills
• Fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing)
Maintain Crew Data:
1. Maintain and update the data of the incoming and the outgoing crew for the purpose of scheduling drivers, hotels and other such service providers.
Travel Related Functions:
2. Answer any queries of the client relating to OKTB, air ticket and hotel bookings, requirement of a crew for medical assistance and any other crew logistics services.
3. Coordinate with third party service providers such as hotels, airlines etc. to ensure that all pre-arrival or departure formalities are completed beforehand so as to enable the crew to join/disembark smoothly.
Documentation for Crew:
4. Coordinate with Government Liaison Officers with regards to the documents that were provided such as gate pass, visa, crew list and any other documents which shall be used for clearing the outgoing crew.
5. Provide relevant supporting documents such as medical and hotel invoice to the NAKILAT Operations team to finalize vessel’s DA.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE):
6. Adhere to all relevant IMS policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
7. Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
8. Work closely with the Government Liaison Officers, Crew Assistants and the Operations departments to perform crew change in a fast and safe manner.
9. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure that all the document required for the crew is in order
• Maintain accurate and updated data about the crew
Interactions and Working Relationships
• Shipping Agency Operations
• Crew Assistants and Drivers- To ensure that the crew is picked up on time and is transported safely. To ensure that they follow required directions and instructions. To monitor and check the status of the incoming, outgoing and medical crew
• Government Liaison Officers- To ensure gate pass readiness and immediate clearance of crew with regards to port security and immigration formalities
• Shipping Agency Government Liaison Supervisor
• Nakilat Head Office - SHEQ / HR / ER / IT / Immigration departments.
• Shipping Agency Finance section
• Clients, Principals and Vessel Masters- To acknowledge and confirm crew logistics related services upon request
• Hotels- To book rooms, lobby service, airport transfer and airport drop off for incoming and outgoing crew, passengers or visitors
• Training Center- To book crew for required trainings
• Airlines- To book crew air tickets and for crew OKTB update
• Admin- For better handling of drivers and vehicle maintenance
Job Segment: Logistics, ERP, SAP, Quality Assurance, QA, Operations, Technology, Quality